Chapter Two

Allison in MM

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me...You may not realize it when it happens, but kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~ Walt Disney

~

Allison

"Strength and growth comes only through continuous effort and struggle."

BEEP BEEP BEEP...BEEP

          AS I'M STARING at the ceiling, tossing and turning, trying to find that one comfy spot on my bed, my alarm goes off scaring the shit out of me. I looked at the time and it read 10:00, I was contemplating if getting up was the right thing to do right now because I had finally found that comfy spot on my bed that I was looking for...but I agreed to hang out with Alyssa today so I guess I have to get up.

After I decided to get out of bed, I brushed my teeth and ran my fingers through my hair making it look somewhat decent. I decided to put on my black and yellow alien sweatshirt, with some denim jeans and my all black converses. I walked downstairs to smell my mother cooking breakfast, it smelled so good.

"Good morning sweetie," My mother said while placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning," I said, taking a seat at the island.

"What are you doing up so early," She smiled, pouring the eggs into the pan.

"I promised Alyssa that I would hang out with her."

"That seems like fun and oh... I grabbed your new schedule for you when I was out yesterday so you wouldn't have to run back and forth."

"Oh... Thank you," I smiled feeling relieved.

"Its nothing... do you want some breakfast?"

"Sure, thank you for cooking," My mother placed a plate with eggs, bacon, pancakes, and grits in front of me. "Looks delicious," I began eating my food.

While I was eating our doorbell rung, I wonder who it was. My mother went and opened the door, I could hear her talking to somebody but I didn't know who. I finally saw who it was when she brought the person into the kitchen.

"Look who we have here," A man said from behind me.

I turned around and seen a man in his mid-30s probably 40s.

"Allison... this is mike," My mother said.

"Hello, Mike... I'm Allison." I smiled holding out my hand.

"Hey, Allison... It's so exciting to finally meet you," He pulled me into a tight hug.

"Can't breath," I laughed, even though I didn't know who he was... he seemed like a cool guy.

"Sorry... I got to carried away," He laughed. "How do you like it here so far, is everything going well for you... like college?"

"Yeah...everything is fine, glad that I'm with my mother again," I looked at her.

"Glad you're here too sweetie."

"That's good..." He said before giving me another hug. "Well I have to head off to work." he kissed my mother and headed out the door.

I honestly didn't know my mother was dating someone, but I'm happy for her at least she found someone.

"He's nice," I said.