Chapter Eighteen

"For every dark night, there's a brighter day." ~Tupac Shakur

~

Julissa

"Everybody's at war with different things...I'm at war with my own heart sometimes."  ~Tupac Shakur

~

(two weeks later)

"Hello Julissa, how are you holding up?" Doctor Leete asked walking into my room and taking a seat next to me.

"I like it here and all, but when will I get to go home?" I asked. "And when will this medication wear off. I can't move my legs."

"Um- We got the results back from your MRI, there was nerve damage to your spinal cord. "

"What do you mean nerve damage?"

"The damage you suffered was a T7 injury. That's why you can straighten your arms, and have normal movement in your shoulders. Your lucky it was limited to just that. The fact that you're still alive right now is a miracle."

I was trying to stay strong.

"What does that mean? Are you saying that I may never walk again?"

"Yes. It is very unlikely that you will ever be able to walk again Julissa."

I let out a loud sigh.

"We have people at the hospital that can help you get through this, if you need someone to talk to about this situation."

"I just want to be left alone please," I was trying my hardest to hold back my tears.

"I'm sorry Julissa," Dr.Leete looked at me.

"Can you just promise not to speak about this to my friends or my family. I would like to tell them this myself."

Dr.Leete shook his head in agreement before walking out of the hospital room.

I was left there in complete shock.

Me thinking I would never have to experience something like this.

Me thinking that I would never have my heart broken.

All I wanted to do right now was go home and just cry into my pillow.

I closed my eyes as a tear ran down my cheek.

I just feel so broken inside.

I just laid there, praying and wishing that this was just a terrible dream. That I can just wake up and forget it ever happened.

As I laid there and thought about life, someone opened my room door.

Opening my eyes. I see my ex holding flowers. It feels so bad that I still love her. I wish I could forget about her and my feelings towards her.

"How are you holding up," She walked over to my bed, handing me the flowers.

I stared at her as if she just lost her mind coming to see me after what she did to me.

"I'm so sorry for what I did Julissa." She sat at the edge of the bed. "I never meant to hurt you like this, it's all my fault. I love you so much," She wiped her tears. "Will you please forgive me?"

"Please leave, before I call the nurse." I looked away from her. "I don't want to see you."

"Talk to me Julissa," Katelyn touched my side. "I wanted to come see you sooner but I didn't think you would want to see me. Please know that I am truly sorry."