Chapter Seventeen

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." ~ Langston Hughes

~

Julissa

"I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go." ~ Langston Hughes

~

( one week later )

I was already out of the house since I had a dentist appointment so I decided to see what my girlfriend was up too.

"Katelyn" I shouted as I walked through her front door, with a smile spreading across my face. "Where are you?"

I opened her room door, and what flashed before my eyes, left me feeling as if my heart had just broke into a million pieces.

I never imagined I'd ever have to see this. Katelyn's naked body laying in the bed as a guy who was equally as naked hovered over her.

I was in shock and my heart was broken, that I couldn't even say anything. When Katelyn shot her eyes at me, I tried to stop the tears that were streaming down my face. She didn't deserve to see me like this.

"Julissa!" She shouted. As she jumped out of bed, completely naked.

"Babe?" The guy in the bed asked.

As Katelyn wrapped the sheet over her body and began running after me.

I ran as fast as possible to get away from her.

I finally made it outside and I really wanted to run to my car that was parked across the street, but I just stood there.

"Julissa!" Katelyn yelled.

As I walked into the street, I turned around to look at her. I felt so broken inside, It was like three months of my life was washed down the drain.

I watched as Katelyn's lips moved, I turned around and kept running. I thought maybe if I just make it to my car I can just let everything out.

"Julissa, watch ou--" I didn't pay Katelyn any mind.

Before I knew it, I felt a hard force collide with my body.

As I was falling to the ground, I experienced the worst pain I'd ever felt.

All I thought about was Katelyn.

All noise and light moved in a blur.

Everything became dark.

~

Blake

I was awaken out of my sleep as Nick barged into my room.

"Yes?" I growled.

"Did you hear?"

He was starting to freak me out.

"About what?" I sat up in my bed.

"Did you check your phone?" He just stared at me.

I grabbed my phone from under my pillow to see my phone blowing up with text messages.

As I read them I didn't know what to say...It was just like my body froze.

"What do they mean Julissa is in the Hospital?" I looked at him as tears began to fall down my face.