Chapter Twelve

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward." ~ Steve Maraboli

~

Allison

"Study the past if you would define the future." ~ Confucius

~

( one month later)

I've been doing good since the whole incident with Rob. My mother had to get stitches from when Rob cut her arm, but we're doing fine... I finally feel safe in my own home and body... I think I can finally move on with my life.

I walk downstairs to see my mother sitting at the island.

"Hey mom... how are you feeling," I said and kissed her forehead.

"I should be asking you that question," she said.

"I'm actually doing good... I'm happy that Rob is out of my life and I can finally move on."

"I cant believe he did that to you.." she started to tear up.

"It's okay mom... the only way for me to move on is to forgive and forget and that is what i'm trying to do."

"That's true... like my mother always said, forgiveness is the sweetest revenge."she hugged me.

I hugged her back.

"Grandma always spoke some wise words from what I remember." I said.

"Yeah... and she always knew just what to say and when to say it too. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if she was still here." my mother said.

Even though I didn't know her that much... but from what I heard my mother say about her and from the time I met her when I was smaller.... she seemed like a sweet lady.

"True! but always remember that even if grandma isn't with us... she will always be in our heart... and that she's looking over us, making sure that we are okay.." I smiled.

"You remind me so much of her." my mother kissed my cheek. "I love you"

"I love you too mom."

~

"Are you going to see Alyssa today, she has been asking about you." my mother said.

"i'm thinking about it, I just have to handle all this school stuff right now," I said.

"Are you going to take your classes online or are you ready to go back?

"I'm going to take the rest of the school year online since it would be easier for me."

"I support any decision that you make."

"Thank you." I hugged her.

~

I had finished applying to take my classes online and decided that I should go see Alyssa, since I haven't seen her in awhile.

"Are you going to be alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine... are you going to be alright." my mother asked.

"I think i'm going to be just fine." I smiled. "Is mike coming over here?"

"Probably so... since I haven't spoken to him since the whole incident with Rob."

"Yeah... I hope everything works out between the both of you." I kissed her cheek.