Chapter Eleven

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it." ~ Elizabeth Gilbert

~

Blake

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." ~ Oprah Winfrey

~

(one week later )

"I feel so bad for her... why hasn't she told the cops?" Julissa said.

I haven't been back to see Allison after she told me... I just feel so angry.

"She's probably scared." I looked at her.

"I just don't even know what to say... like how is she still holding this in and not telling anyone about it." Julissa looked at me

"Me either... I hope she tells her mother or something." I looked down at my hands.

"Are you okay?" she touched my hand.

"Yeah... I'm just mad that it happened to her."

"You really like her, don't you?" she looked at me.

I do like Allison... but I don't know if I cant trust another girl with my heart.

"Maybe... I don't know." I replied.

"Its okay to let girls in... you know, not every girl is going to be like Vivian."

"Yeah I know, but I don't think I can... Vivian really broke a dudes heart."

"That's why I always hated that bitch." Julissa laughed.

"Woah there Julie..." I chuckled.

"Sorry." she smiled.

I didn't sit down long enough with Allison to ask who did it to her... but I hope Allison tells her mother or at least the cops.

~

Allison

The doctors said that I'm doing very well so that means I get to leave. I'm really going to miss this place though... everyone was so nice.

I went to see the psychiatrist.he told me that he wanted to make a follow up appointment to see how my medication is working out for me and to see how i'm doing.

"How are you feeling." the doctor asked.

"I'm actually feeling pretty good." I smiled.

"I'm glad that you're doing better." he said. "Are you going to tell your mother like you promised."

"I think its time that I did... she needs to know why I did all of this." I looked at him.

"Please make sure that you take care of yourself." he got up and hugged me.

"I promise I will." I hugged him back.

I left out his office and waited in the front for my mother.

I think i'm really going to tell her about Rob.

~

"I feel like I haven't been home for years." I sat on the couch.