Chapter Fifteen

"I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ~ Oprah Winfrey

~

Allison

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

~

(two weeks later)

  "You have a collect call from, "Robert Poole" An inmate at High Desert State Prison.This call will be recorded and monitored. Would you like to accept this call?"

I was contemplating if I wanted to accept the call or not.

"Yes" I said into the phone.

I decided to hear what he has been trying to tell me for the past few weeks.

"Allison?" he spoke into the phone.

I was starting to feel the anger build up inside of me again just from hearing his voice.

I was silent.

"Allison I know you're there." he chuckled.

I didn't say a word.

"I miss you Allison."

"Why can't you leave me the hell alone." I yelled into the phone.

"Allison why are speaking to me like I did something wrong." he chuckled, "I'll be out very soon to see you again. I love you."

"Stop fucking calling me."

I hung up the phone.

I turned my head to the door to see my mother staring at me.

"Was that Rob again." she sat down on my bed.

"Why can't he just leave me alone." I started to tear up from all the anger that was building up inside of me.

"It's okay honey." she rubbed my back.

"I don't think it is mom. All I could think about is him coming back to hurt me again."

"He's not going to hurt because I'm not going to let him."

"I don't know mom. I just don't feel safe with the fact that he could get out at anytime." I looked down at my hands.

"Allison look at me."

I looked up at my mother.

"He's not going to hurt you. I will never let him hurt you again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes. But-."

"But nothing." My mother looked at me.

I didn't know how to feel. All I know is that Rob could get out at any moment and he will find me.

~

Blake

"What do you mean you seen Vivian again?" nick rolled up the blunt.

"I seen her at the pizza place." I grabbed the Hennessy bottle.

"What did she say." he put the blunt to his lips, "I know she doesn't want to get back with you? Does she?"