Chapter 20

Ariana Grande's POV:

I got a call from my manager saying I had an interview with Nathan. But I'm so tired. I get lazy on the weekends, but I like to be myself. I was wearing my gray sweatpants and pink tank top. I decided to call Nathan just in case he does not know. I pretty sure he did.

'Nathan?"

'Ari, what's up? I was planning on calling you."

"We have an interview."

"That is exactly what I was just about to say."

"Do you know what time is it?"

"I think 1:15 p.m."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

I am so tired, and all I wanted to do is stay home.

I took a shower and combed my hair. I decided to leave it straight. I brushed my teeth. I wore my white heels and my blue dress. I checked the time and it was 10:00 a.m. I did my make up, got my purse (which includes my phone, wallet, etc.) and headed out the door. I heard that place is 2 hours away.

I drove and drove and drove till I got there. I was stuck in traffic for awhile. To be honest, I was about to fall asleep in the car during traffic. That sure did take up my time. I got my phone and saw that it was 1:13 already. I sighed. I decided to be a little more patient. Then I checked the time and it was 1:27. Then, I needed to call Nathan.

I didn't see Nathan.

I called him.

"Hello?"

"Hi Nath, where are you?"

"I'm almost there."

"Hurry."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I waited and waited and waited. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't see the interviewer. I smell something fishy. I went on twitter. What could possibly go wrong? It's probably just me today waking up at the wrong side of the bed.

Good Afternoon guys!

I went in the bathroom to check on my hair and makeup. Everything looked fine to me. I got out and I was shocked.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

"H-Harry wha-what are you d-doing here?" I was nervous. Great. I'm about to faint right now. I'm breathing super hard, and I'm starting to sweat even though the AC was on.

"Nathan texted me, saying that you were here. He actually never dated you, he was there for you to meet me."

I didn't speak.

"So therefor I, of course, came. AND I WANNA KNOW RIGHT NOW WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!"he yelled.

I stood there, motionlessly. A tear came down my eye.

"I just wanted to be alone. That's it." I answered. Another tear came down, and I looked away.

"I need an answer, and if you are not going to tell me it, I-"

I cut him off." You what? What will you do to me. Hurt me? Cause Harry Edward Styles, I dare you to." I whispered.

He took a step towards me. "Tell me right now."

"I did. I wanted to be alone." I walked away, but he grabbed onto my wrist. I turned around.

"Tell me."

"I did already. Let go of me."

"NO!" He yelled. "I NEED AN ANSWER!"

More tears came down. "YOU THINK IT WAS EASY?! Huh?! YOU THINK I COULD JUST LEAVE?! I SPENT ALL THIS TIME THINKING ABOUT YOU! But my job was done." The last sentence I whispered. He took another step towards me.

He kneeled down, and pulled a ring out. "Marry Me?" I just stood there. "Ariana? Ariana?"

Soon, I woke up.

"Ariana, why were you asleep?" I heard Nathan ask.

"Oh, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and I'm just tired." I said. Wow! That was some dream I had. I sighed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"1:30. I think the interviewer might be a little late today."

After a few more seconds, the interviewer came in.

"Sorry, I'm a little late guys. Traffic was killing me." She smiled.

She out down her coat and purse and sat down. So let's get started.

"Hi, I'm Kate Burrow. Today I have to very talented guests. Miss Ariana Grande. And her boyfriend Nathan Sykes."

"Hi." We said at the same time."

"So Ariana, tell me. Why did you and Harry break up?"

I pondered for a few seconds and then replied,"Well just like any other relationships, we didn't feel right. It wasn't working for us."

"Nathan, now, I think that you and Ariana first met when you guys recorded Almost Is Never Enough. Am I correct?"

"Yes." He answered.

"So, how did you guys meet again?"

"I went to the mall and saw a crowd of people. I went to go take a closer look, and saw it was Ari, I helped her through the crowd. Then, she wanted to say thanks by going to this smoothie place. And it sorta went on from there."

She smiled. "So Ariana, tell me. Did you like performing with Nathan?"

"Of course."

"Why?"

"He's just a good singer, and he's so sweet. I enjoyed working with him."

"Nathan, did you like working with Ariana? Why or why not?"

"I had the time of my life working with her. She's really funny and nice. When I found out that Ariana asked me to do the song with her, I was dying to me her."

"Aww....well I think you two are adorable." She squealed.

"Thanks." I said.

"Thank you so much!" He said.

"Now, a lot of people are wondering, are you guys gonna ever sing another song together?"

We looked at each other and thought.

"We're not quite sure." I said.

"Yeah, we really didn't get any notice." Nathan added.

"Well....I guess that's it. Thank for coming." She said.

"It's an honor." Nathan added.

We shook hands, said our farewells, and left.