Chapter 2

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. The awesome cover was made by MidnightWrites.

Thanks again:)

Vote!

Comment!

***************************

Chapter 2

Hunter's POV

I don't know why I am up here. This town was suppose to be a quick stop but when I passed this cliff I just couldn't help myself.

It's been a while since I felt something. I've managed to shut my emotions down completely, I'm numb. But at times I want to feel. Something to prove that I'm still really alive and not damned.

I snorted at my thought. I am damned. As I walked slowly toward the edge my wolf growled. I didn't sense any danger though.

He growled again but I choose to ignore him. I looked down at the harsh waves below knowing I won't die, I can't.

With that bitter thought I leaned forward. The cold wind slammed into my face as I fell and finally landed in the water.

The cold lake immediately chilled my skin as I sank further down not bothering to go up to the surface. My instincts were to swim up but I ignored the tingling in my legs as my wolf growled again.

'I need to feel something' I told him in an attempt to shut him up

My lungs began to burn as they begged for oxygen that I refused to give. I felt my body go limp as a loud roaring filled my ears than went silent. The freezing rough water was now a gentle warm tide and I knew this was when normal people died.

The warmness embraced me like we were old friends but just as I was falling deeper into it I felt a gentle touch on my chest.

Than an unfamiliar warmth on my mouth as air rushed to my lungs. I could feel my body tingle as it began to function again. The feather like touch to my chest came again as did the warmth.

My wolf howled when the warmth pulled away again and I felt the same as him. My mouth felt cold and distant without it. But what exactly is it?

I felt my legs tingle as it continued up the rest of my body. My body was healing any injuries. My small encounter with death or whatever that warmth was is over.

Just as the tingle reached my fingers I felt a sweet breath fan my face as something soft pressed against my lips. Something in my chest warmed at the touch. If I can't die I'm going to take advantage of this warmth.

My mouth moved with the softness as I caught what felt like a mouth with mine. A mouth?

Before I could process the thought my hands clutched a pair of cold wet arms and sat up trying to get closer to the warmth. I couldn't seem to pull away but when I felt small hands press weakly against my chest I forced myself to move.

Staring up at me with light blueish green eyes, hazel eyes was a small girl. My forehead creased in confusion as I looked at the skinny and wet human.

She stood up dripping wet and examined me. It was than I realized I was on shore. Could this small creature have went in after me?

I stood up almost a foot higher than her. She was so small and fragile, I thought as I stared at her exposed shoulder.

"Who are you?" she asked wearily

This girl could be a liability, one I don't need at the moment but that didn't stop me from answering.

"I'm Hunter."

Aubrey's POV

Hunter, that name fitted him perfectly from his slightly shaggy brown hair to the forest green eyes.