Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Aubrey's POV

"I've officially lost my mind." I muttered as I folded my arms

I'm walking through a empty street where all the buildings are either boarded up or missing doors. The neighborhood looked abandoned like no one lived here for years.

Oh great that makes me feel so much better to know that no one is here.

After my date with Holden which I must say was a drag! Holden kept going on about random nonsense about him. What he has in plan for us, which I tried to explain is nothing! Seriously it was like I was talking to the damn wall.

He babbled on about his new job at his father's office than he is going to bump up from there. Than he went on about being the leader of Blue haven. Finally after hours of gloating and a few thoughts of me drowning myself in my cup of wine it was over.

Holden dropped me off and of course he had to get a goodnight kiss. Instead of going upstairs I snuck out to apparently the middle of nowhere.

Actually all through out dinner I couldn't stop thinking about Hunter and his sudden meeting.

What could he want so late? I mentally slapped myself for even thinking that. He's a guy and it's midnight at a empty street!

The sound of my heels clacking on the smooth cement was the only sound as the red brick house came in view in front of me. The building was three stories with a well lit lamp at it's side highlighting the rusty red building.

I approached the steel door and saw no one there.

"Seriously." I breathed out

Poking my head out I saw no one at the corner. Was this a joke because I'm not laughing.

For a second I was going to turn around and go home when the front door opened revealing Hunter still dressed in the same sexy slacks and dress up shirt as earlier.

"You came." he said sounding a bit surprised

"Yeah, now can you tell me why I'm here?" I asked

"Come in." he said as he stepped aside

At first I hesitated but one glance at his uneasy face changed my mind. I stepped into the dark apartment, the navy blue curtains were pulled together keeping the bright new moon out.

There was a large white 'L' shaped couch in the middle of the dark colored room facing the wide flat screen tv.

I passed a ebony colored drawer with a strange looking blue striped glass vase. Above the drawer was a medium sized portrait of a woman with jet black hair sitting by a wooden bench with her hair covering her face.

Huh I never pictured Hunter as a art collector. I cocked my head to the side to examine the weird looking portrait.

"This is unique." I said when I heard the front door shut

"It scared the hell out of me at first but now I like it."

Scary is the perfect word to describe this umm thing. It looks the girl from the scary movie the Grudge. I shuddered at the comparison and turned away from the portrait.

"How was dinner?" Hunter asked

My face pinched together as I recalled the boring night. At one point I hoped I'd choke on the meat.

"It was err interesting." I said as I strolled further into the apartment

My heels clacked on the dark molasses colored wood floor that ended a few feet a head where I'm guessing the kitchen is. I clutched my small sparkly purse close to me just in case.