Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Hunter's POV

Although its been years the screams of agony are still fresh in my mind. How mothers effortlessly tried shielding their children, fathers shifted thinking if they were in their wolf forms it would help.

People hid under cars foolishly some even fled to the mountains behind pack territory, anything to get away from the mercilessly beast that thrived on their fear, the monster that enjoyed their desperate pleas. Swallowing a lump in my throat I the worst memory of all played in my head like a horror film.

My mom clutching a trembling Miles in her arms watched with large eyes filled with fear as my father-the alpha laid defeated on the ground. I remember begging my wolf to stop, I tried shifting back but it was stronger.

As my wolf approached my family my father muttered 'I'm sorry'. How could he be sorry when I slaughtered our friends and family and a few seconds later did the same to them?

My mother's shriek rang in my ears bringing the agonizing pain to my chest. My father didn't scream, no instead he looked deep into my eyes fighting the pain of my piercing claws. And Miles-my brave little brother shifted and tried fighting me off but he didn't stand a chance.

When my wolf was satisfied and allowed me to shift I fell to my knees and cried for the blood bath surrounding me. It must have been hours that I stayed on the concrete floor weeping as the horrid screams echoed in my head, my father's apologetic expression burned into the back of my head.

It was all my fault, my father tried telling me fighting Moon Creek was too much for me but I was stubborn and got injured. The doctor put some gunk on the deep gash in my torso and gave the verdict. Thirty-six hours was all I had left but my father refused to let me die.

Returning to the present and pushing away the past I looked on head at Blue Haven from the stool round boulder on the steep hill's edge. It gave a wide view of the town and the dark wild forest surrounding it.

I came up here to get my mind off of the past but it wasn't working nothing does. Except for Aubrey but she's with her uncle. As much as it pained me to leave her she wanted to meet him.

But I miss her like crazy.

That was a downside to the mate thing but it's worth the brief pain knowing later I'll have my mate wrapped in my arms safe and sound. I love knowing she is mine and no one else's. Aubrey Scott is my mate.

A low beeping came from my pocket signaling a message. Looking down at the screen I noticed it was from Aubrey:

Where r u?

I smiled knowing she's in as much pain as me. I'm coming buttercup, I thought as I stood up but stopped. The sound of multiple paws thudding on the ground heading towards me and by the slower steps a few humans.

Without sniffing I knew Holden decided to make his move, a stupid move because he knew about my wolf and seen it in action.

In seconds I was surrounded by ten to fourteen wolves all a light brown except for one with a dark dusting of caramel brown on the side. The different wolf I recognized was Alex, he kept his head low as if apologizing.

"Well look what we have here a rogue on our territory." the same guy I beat up at the bar said as he came strolling over to me causally

From behind him three other men followed his lead each with a dark smirk on and behind them Kelly walked with her head low.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I've been here a while." I said with a smile of my own

"Not much longer." he replied