Chapter 27

Okay this chapter is going to get a really good reaction out of you guys, I hope :)

Any-who just read it, enjoy!!

********************

Chapter 27

Aubrey's POV

Hunter pulled his sleek white Lexus into the parking lot behind Holden's apartment building. He set the car in park, keeping his hands curled tightly on the steering wheel Hunter looked forward with his jaw clenched.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned in the seat towards him. I searched his stone cold expression for any sign of softness but found none. Alex and Kelly sat quietly in the back which was a first since those two never shut up.

"Hunter." I called him but he didn't answer or look my way instead he held his index finger up

A small crease formed between his thick long shaped brows. His pale pink lips pressed together.

"Aubs your boy toy is crazy." Alex snorted as he leaned forward

His long arm spread on the back of the driver's seat. Kelly leaned forward slinging her arm over my seat.

"That sexy ass smirk of his and those smoky eyes make up for the craziness." Kelly whispered as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively

"He's not crazy." I hissed at my friends

I hope not, I added mentally. Hunter who seemed to ignore us tilted his head to the side. Please don't be crazy.

"Dude what the hell are you doing?" Alex said

Hunter whipped his head around with a dark scowl. "It was a deal between Holden's dad and your father's alpha."

Although I figured there was a deal or bargain it still hurt to know for sure. He's my father, the one man in my life I can rely on and he's out behind my back selling me like a old toy.

"I can barely hear the little old lady sneezing in the first floor how the hell did you hear them?" Alex asked in astonishment

Turning away I told myself to keep it together. Kelly slapped Alex's arm causing it to slip from the back of the seat.

"I'm sorry babe." Kelly cooed as she rubbed my arm

Closing my eyes briefly I let out a deep breath. Here I am practically walking into the clutches of that moronic alpha all to save my parents who by the way sold me. Well tried to.

"If you want I'll go in and get your parents." Hunter offered

Shaking my head I could feel three pairs of eyes on me before I opened my own hazel eyes. If Hunter goes in there they'll attack him for sure, he is a rogue.

"Let's just get this over with." I huffed as I stepped out of the car

Pushing my blonde hair off my shoulders I readjusted Hunter's white tee that was nearly dry. The sound of car doors closing followed by footsteps behind me.

In seconds Hunter's musky scent filled my lungs as he walked up beside me. I glanced to my left just as Alex came up after Kelly. They both seemed nervous as their eyes darted from corner to corner.

This has to be difficult for them.

Hunter entwined our fingers just as we reached the front door. Only a few nights ago Holden snuck into my room and brought me to this very building for a date.

The further we went into the building the more nervous I got. My palms were sweaty and my heart was pounding in my ears. This could be a trap to lure me in. My friends could be in on this.