Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Aubrey's POV

The sound of my heart thudding in my ears was abnormally too quick as I waited for Hunter to respond.

Swallowing my fear I took one cautious step forward noticing who Hunter stiffened.

"You know I would never hurt you." I said as I lifted my hands up for him to see

In response he cocked his head as if to nod. A small smile lifted at the corners of my mouth as I realized he understood me. Taking another step forward I watched his features soften as he glanced around him the dark storm fading from his eyes and I knew my Hunter was back.

He made a low whimpering sound as he lowered his large furry head down as if hiding.

"It's not your fault they turned you into a killer." I whispered softly, I glanced over at Holden who rolled on the ground clutching his right shoulder

Serves him right for all the trouble he's caused, both him and his father are the reason all of this has happened.

Hunter whimpered as he lifted a paw up onto his snout. He looked so cute hiding like a child. Shaking my head of that thought I cupped the sides of his face.

His fur felt soft as silk between my fingers I nearly forgot what I was going to say.

"Don't hide babe, shift back." I whispered feeling his rapid heartbeat beneath my palm as I slid it down to his throat

He looked up at me with glowing red eyes before nudging my hands off of him. He backed up a safe distance before crouching forward. Gritting my teeth I turned my face to the side not wanting to see the gruesome transformation.

The sound however was unavoidable as the snaps and cracks sent a shiver down my spine as I pictured Hunter's body twisting back into it's original form. When the sickening sounds seized I turned back to him.

Heat rushed to my face as I looked down at his nude figure remembering last night.

Hunter glanced around him at the motionless, blood soaked bodies. I mimicked his action seeing Alex lick Kelly's wounded leg, she nudged him playfully to the side as she stood up on her own paws. The cut on her leg was half it's original size as it healed slowly with barely any blood coming out.

Thank goodness they're alright, I thought. Uncle Matt!

Running eyes over each unmoving body I prayed he was okay, spotting him in the same position I began thinking the worse. Rushing to his side I turned his body towards me-there was a large gash on his left arm where Hunter sunk his sharp canines and a fading bruise on his forehead.

I felt my eyes sting as tears filled to the brim of my eyes, letting them fall freely I pressed two fingers to the base of his throat feeling a heartbeat.

He's alive! Breathing a sigh of relief I pushed his dark hair away from his face knowing I need to get him medical attention.

"Here I got him." Alex said startling me

He bent down grunting slightly as he lifted my uncle up into his arms. Lucky Alex had on a tank top and shorts, it would be strange if he carried my uncle naked.

"We stash clothes everywhere." Kelly grinned, she limped over to Alex dressed in faded Jean shorts and a neon green T-shirt

A weary smile spread across my face as I looked down at her injury. Noticing where my gaze was she shook her head.

"It takes more to knock me down." she said with a wave of her hand

"Yeah like an army or twix shortage." Alex chuckled