Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Aubrey's POV

With a big goofy grin on my face I couldn't help but recall last night with Hunter. We walked back to my apartment holding hands the whole way and it felt like I was floating on a cloud.

I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip remembering the tender brush of his lips against mine before he left. My body tingled in anticipation for our next encounter but at the moment I was stuck listening to my mom pointing out my flaws.

She called early this morning to tell me (not ask) that she and my dad were coming over.

"Aubrey sweetheart you have dark circles under your eyes are you sleeping well?" she asked

I nodded not admitting I was up later than usual thinking about Hunter.

"She was out with Hoooolden." Kelly said as she wiggled her eye brows

My mom gasped, her bright red lips spreading into a grin. Her shoulder length blonde hair, similar to my gold locks was pulled back with a glimmering amber clip.

The excitement in her blue eyes was unmistakable.

"Where did you go? What did you do?" my mom squealed like a teenager

"Bahh father in the room, don't answer the last one." my dad said as he covered his ears

My mom sent him a 'grow up' look before turning back to me with the same enthusiasm.

"We went to a restaurant and don't worry dad we did nothing." I assured him

He lowered his hands from his ears with a playful smile but I knew he was relieved. My dad was a good looking man who didn't look his age.

His light brown hair was just starting to thin out, the only wrinkles he had on his olive colored skin were laugh lines around his eyes and mouth. His hazel eyes were as big as mine although his had a slight dullness to them. He was in great physical shape, he didn't have a pot belly nor was he over weight.

"Nothing my pretty little behind! You were out till almost two in the morning." Kelly said with a mischievous glint in her dark eyes

Kelly was sitting across the round ebony table next to my mom who was now practically jumping in her seat with excitement.

"Afterwards I went for a walk Ms. Know it All." I said with slit like eyes

"For two hours? Babe you totally banged the bag of beef." Kelly grinned as she leaned back into the love-seat

"Father in the room!"

"Oh Aubrey it's okay if you and Holden had a romantic night together, sex is normal in a relationship." my mom said in a gentle tone

"La la la..." my dad said as he shook his head with his fingers plugging his ears

My mom leaned over the table and placed her hand over mine.

"How was he?" she asked

This is not happening! She did not just ask how Holden was, please tell me I imagined that last part!

But I knew my mom had really just asked that in front of my dad who was as bright as a tomato desperately trying to drown out the conversation. I rose my hands and clutched my head as I tried forgetting what she just said. I'm going to kill Kelly!

"Mom I have never nor will I ever do... that with Holden." I argued feeling my face flush in embarrassment

My mom's grin dropped into a frown, shouldn't she be over the moon with happiness? I mean didn't all parents want their kids never to you know?