Chapter 25

• Dedicated to Matty love you for your help ;)

Chapter 25

Hunter's POV

After a restless night of sleep, tossing and turning. It was hard to sleep knowing Aubrey was just a few feet away. The only thing between us was a damn wooden door.

Pacing in the kitchen with my third cup of coffee in my hand I stopped and looked up at the ceiling wishing she'd wake up. It was only six-ten and I know it's early but I can't stand it.

Huffing loudly I raked my hand through my hair. Her scent is driving me crazy, god it's so strong I can smell her from downstairs.

'Mine.' my wolf howled

'Ours.' I hissed back

I'm not happy that my wolf is going to be near Aubrey but as long as he doesn't hurt her. I had to hear him howling all night about how she was his, it made my night that much more unbearable. For a second I thought of going to check on her during the night but I thought better than it.

The minute I see her laying on the bed I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself especially not with the mutt shouting for me to mark her. That would be pushing to hard. Aubrey just found out about mates and the last thing I want to do is push my feelings on her.

'At least she's not Holden's .' my wolf laughed

Bringing the mug up to my mouth I took a long sip. That was a relief that Holden's lies were exposed before I made a decision I would regret. Hell I almost left yesterday, I would have gone on thinking she was someone else's.

I breathed a sigh of gratitude.

'Your welcome.' my wolf said sarcastically

'Shut up dog.'

He snarled not liking the way I have been treating him lately. We don't argue much except for the past week since I met Aubrey.

'Your no fun.' he whined

Stopping by the stairs I debated whether to go up or not. I want to see her fair complexion, those doe like eyes, straight nose, golden locks. The way she refused to be put down, her stubborn chin, and those petal pink lips that look so damn irresistible when she pouts them out.

"Great." I groaned

Calm down stupid it's not like she's going to disappear. Gulping the rest of my coffee I put it down by the counter and paced away from the stairs. I continued until I reached the front door.

'Its been long enough.' my wolf said sounding as impatient as I felt

Not bothering to argue with him I ran into the kitchen with a grin that reached from ear to ear. Filling a mug with coffee I sprinted upstairs taking two stairs at a time.

When I was in front of her door I took a deep breath to calm myself. Relax, I said to both my wolf and myself.

Twisting the door knob I took a step in immediately being drawn in by the smell of wild flowers. Aubrey was laying on her side with one arm under her head and her gold hair sprawled out on the pillow, her body was wrapped in the white bed sheet.

She looked like a goddess, I thought as I came closer to the bed. Placing the mug on the nightstand I sat on the edge of the bed careful not to sit on her.

Raising a hand up I let my fingers just barely touch the side of her temple. Slowly I brushed a stray hair away from her peaceful face. I sighed enjoying the feel of her warm skin against my fingers. Unable to help myself I traced her slightly arched brow than her cheekbone.

"Aubrey." I whispered

She didn't respond but she did turn onto her back. My free hand clenched as I fought not cup her face in my hands and kiss her awake.