Chapter 4

It took all of my courage to get myself to stand up.

My knee's were weak as I helplessly clutched onto the wall, my eyes fluttering shut as I frantically breathed in and out.

They were innocent.

I didn't even care that my make up was ruined as I sobbed at the sight in front of me. Blood stained my hands and I hadn't even touched them. I wiped my hands repeatedly on the floor but couldn't get the feeling off.

I was so angry. I should have done something. I angrily wiped at my face and forced my tight chest to take more air in.

Pull yourself together. I told myself.

I stood up, my knee's threatening to buckle as I blinked away any remaining tears. I inhaled and exhaled to calm my raging heartbeat before slowly making my way down the stairs.

The music had gotten unbearably louder, I had never been to any kind of social event like this so I was inexperienced in this particular department.

My immediate instinct was to search for Chelsea, whether she liked it or not. I pushed my way through the crowd of dancing people and tried yelling her name.

"Chelsea!" I yelled, getting angrier by the second.

I pushed until I was at a secluded area of the club, where the bar was located and many tables were sprawled out across the place. 

My eyes landed on her mop of red hair as she laughed uncontrollably, sat quite comfortably on a guy's lap with his large arms around her waist.

My eyes shifted to the group of burly men that sat next to her, smug smiles on their faces, Tate and Harvey being one of them.

I pushed my way over to them until I was directly in front of her.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I sniffed the air. "Have you been drinking?"

Her head tilted upwards as she drunkenly met my cold glare.

"Ally babe. I didn't see you there!" She said with a loud laugh.

"Chelsea, you're going to get yourself in trouble. These are bad people and you know it."

Her face hardened as she attempted to stand up, holding a hand on the table to support herself.

"You don't know anything about them! They're nice to me." She slurred, pointing a drunken finger at me/

I was slowly losing my patience.

"You're drunk, I'm taking you home."

I grabbed her hand but she pushed me away roughly. I stumbled slightly but kept my ground, staring at the girl with the inebriated, beady eyes in horror.

"Whoa, cat fight." Tate hollered.

"No, I may have had something to drink and I may feel slightly light-headed. But I am not drunk. All you've ever done is control me and I'm tired of it. You think your idea's are always so perfect and you think you're so superior, but really you're not! Your own parents don't even want to stick around with you, you're such a spoilsport all the time. For goodness sake, lighten up for once in your damn life!"

I was silent as the men made noises of encouragement to her, patting her back roughly as a smug smirk made its way onto her face.

I let out a gasp of disbelief before I turned in the opposite direction and walked away, ignoring their mocking calls behind me. 

Pathetic.

My skin felt itchy with anger, I wanted to scratch away the pain and scream at the top of my lungs. I sat on a stool at the bar and took deep breaths. My hands shook with anger and I felt as if any moment I would explode.