Chapter 15

A year and a half later.

They're getting closer.

I picked up my speed as I moved like a hawk through the crowd of people dancing, the loud music hitting my ears as I made myself invisible. His eyes were dark as he searched for me. I met his gaze and fluttered innocently towards the door where I knew he would follow me.

I stood confidently, ignorant of the pounding of my chest. The door clicked open and I heard his slow footsteps heading towards me.

"Hello there." I spoke seductively.

"Want to tell me why you were running away from me like that? I saw you staring, I thought you were leading me on."

I smiled at him innocently.

"Why, whatever do you mean?" I asked, twirling my hair around my pale finger.

"Don't play games with me." He spoke, slight rage slipping into his voice.

Anger issues, I was warned.

"If anyone's playing games here it's you, Andrew." 

His eyes widened for a split second, a look of curiosity stumbled across his face. The knife met his heart as he sunk to the ground, choking up blood as he fell.

I watched with emotionless eyes as the life was drained out of him.

Chris stood over his body, tossing me a smile as he dug the knife out of his heart.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep." I replied happily as we made our way around the back and to the car that had pulled up.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, a gesture that had once made me sick to the stomach, but now I found relaxing. He ran his arm across my hand, stopping when he got to the scars, a mark with memories.

I had tried to escape, I had a mark for each attempt. Chris had been too angry to ever hurt me himself, so he did the worse thing. Let everyone else do it. I stopped trying a long time ago and he never got anyone else on me again.

Chelsea stopped talking to me, called me once and ignored every text I sent, every Skype call I sent. I would include her in my emails and Harvey or Tate would give me the same answer.

She's busy.

 Eventually I realized I couldn't live my life in a shell. I was a gang member now. We were a family and we stuck together.

We were a family.

 Chris had meant something a little bit more to me, we weren't official but didn't see anyone else. He could help me on the nights I struggled with nightmares of the bodies I had helped kill. Murder was planted into my system, I started and I can't stop.

He stopped over the mark and removed his arm, still leaning against me.

 "I'm proud of you, you know." 

 I turned my head to face him, a curious look on my face.

"You've been an excellent leader to this gang. And now we're officially under new management, I'm considering taking you under my wing."

I gasped.

Just a few weeks ago we had put the gang under new management, Tate and Harvey not having a say. New name, new leader, new gang completely. And they couldn't have been more supportive.

The people that threw names at me before respected me now. I stuck to Chris like a fish to a shark and learned how to fight properly. 

I was fearless.