Chapter 7

It had been a month since Chelsea and I had been kidnapped. 

We were moved into the new gang house and forced into co-operating. I, of course, had attempted to disobey, ending up with a physical beating from a group of girls that called me weak. Needless to say, I never stepped out of line again.

"Are you okay? You look a little...distracted." Chelsea asked as she brushed through her hair.

"I'm fine, just tired that's all."

"You've said that everyday for the past couple of weeks, what's up? Is this whole thing getting to you?"

"No, I'm just thinking about the easiest way to kill myself."

Her smile faded as she hit my arm.

"That's not funny! Why the hell would you joke about that, this is serious Ally!" She scolded.

"You're right! You're right, I'm sorry!" I put my hands up in defence as she fell onto the bed.

"We have another task tonight."

I groaned loudly.

"I'm sporting a black eye because of that brunette bitch that hit too hard, they better not try to clown us up or I'll..."

I cut my sentence short when I realized I couldn't exactly do anything. Anything that I could do wouldn't be appropriate in front of Chelsea.

I couldn't exactly fight back. I mean I was a good fighter due to the fact that every other week my parents would make me spent five hours with a self-defence teacher that taught me everything I need to know about self-defence. 

Didn't work obviously.

"I think we can dress normally for this one. I just don't want to run into those butt wipes again."

Tate and Harvey had managed to stay out of our way for the most of it, Ethan, Daniel and another mysterious stranger would pop in every now and then to taunt us. But none of them stuck around too much.

Tate had thrown orders at the both of us the day before which made us both tired, and when we refused to do the ridiculous tasks he would push us and call us weak, demanding that we fight back and embarrass ourselves in front of the entire gang. He pushed us so hard.

And he used the same line every time. 

'If you fight back I'll make sure you don't get any more beatings.'

And we had tried, believe me, but it was kind of hard against three older, stronger girls that laughed and mocked us.

"I hate everyone here." I said.

"Now, that's not true. Danny's nice, he's our friend, isn't he?" 

"We can't trust him. He's our friend but we can't trust him."

Every beating we'd ever received, Harvey had made an order to not allow us to receive any medical attention unless we were dying. Every beating we had received, which was usually about four times a week, Danny would creep into our room with a first aid kit and bring us food when they forgot to feed us.

I think Tate and Harvey knew about our little arrangement but didn't say anything. Danny was a well respected member of the gang.

That's why we couldn't trust him.

"You're right. I just hope this whole thing goes together smoothly. I really don't want another beating."

"Let's just get the job done. That's all we're here to do, we'll grow old and die eventually."