Chapter 21

I knew I was weighing her down.

Her foot was steadily slammed against the pedals as she shot through the streets. When she learned to drive I also have no idea. Watching her as she tore down the road just made the realization that the both of us had changed so much hit me.

When the phone finally turned on I gasped at the amount of calls and messages.

"Chelsea they've called thirty seven times!"

Her eyes widened as she pressed on the brake. She swiped my phone from my hands and flung it out of the window. 

"They can track our phones Ally!"

I blinked at her confusedly.

"I'm going to have to drive faster. They've probably got a lead on us. Don't worry I got the tickets, I've got everything. A spare $750 dollars. I just need to find my way around the place and find a hotel ."

I sighed.

"This is a bad idea Chelsea, they're going to find us. We have to think about our fam-"

"I know that. That's why we can't stay at home. I just need to see them. And when this is all fixed hopefully we can move back home."

"If this is all fixed." I corrected.

"Stop. If they find us won't you at least be better knowing that Jase and your parents know your situation?"

"I know Jason, he'll interfere and get himself hurt. I just really don't want that. My parents won't give a shit as long as I promise to return back to school." I said.

"You seriously believe that?" 

"I don't know what to believe any more! Chelsea, I spent so long believing that you had let me down, and that Chris wasn't the bad guy because he didn't kidnap people. It's going to take me more than an hour to move on from it all. I just want...I just want to go home Chels."

She let out a sigh, her face dropping.

A tear made its way down her face, she gave me an understanding nod and quickly swiped it away.

"We will go home. I swear we will. And whatever happens along the way we'll get through together. You're my best friend and no matter what I promise you I'll be there for you. Anything that happens I'm with you."

I bit my trembling lip and held her hand that wasn't on the wheel.

We pulled up at the airport to see it was full of people. This surprised me seeing as it was almost 3 in the morning. 

I flattened out my hair and walked with Chelsea to the exit. I held my slippers that were soaked in mud in my hands and walked in my bare socks.

The warmth from inside the airport hit us.

"We haven't got any luggage, will we still have to go through airport security?" I asked.

"Crap. I'm carrying a gun. I'll have to find one when we get back to Illinois."

We waited in the line for nearly ten minuets, both of us shaking anxiously while Chelsea talked to the woman. Chelsea dug through her bag and my eyes widened at the fake ID's she made.

She really did have everything covered.

"No luggage?" I heard the woman ask.

"It's kind of a long story. Her father died and we heard the news halfway through the night. Our friend is sending it over as we speak though. I just managed to get my bag but we planned on flying today anyway."