Chapter 31

THE END HAD FINALLY COME ALONG *CRIES*. I sincerely hope you have all enjoyed this story, even when my writers block was at its peak. Thank you so much for your encouragement and support throughout it. I have enjoyed writing this story so much! I hope you guy'll like my other stories I have in mind ;)

Eden.

****

Returning home was nothing like what I expected.

Our plane landed at eight in the morning, I hauled my suitcase behind me as Harvey was too occupied with the three others.

I braced myself for a painful reuniting, I couldn't help the dread that lingered on my skin.

"Hey, we'll be fine." He said as he bumped our hips together.

I rolled my eyes at him but sent him an appreciative look anyway.

As soon as we got out where the airport was filled with people, I was pulled into a tight hug.

The familiar smell of home and safety overwhelmed me as I held my brother with everything inside of me. I put my head on his shoulder and breathed in his wonderful scent.

"I've missed you so much." He murmured.

"You too."

He pulled away and we both simultaneously scanned one another.

"Brunette again I see, I always thought that pink looked a bit tacky."

 I smacked his arm jokingly and was immediately pulled into the arms of Max.

"It's took you long enough, hasn't it? It's been a year and a half you dog." She said mockingly.

"Sorry." I said with a laugh.

I surveyed both my brother and Max. They looked the same, other than Max had lost some weight and Jase had gotten bigger.

I could faintly see a woman in her late thirties skipping towards me while an angry looking daughter followed behind her.

Ms Hanaway wrapped her arms around me for a delicate hug and gave me a wide smile.

"Welcome back sweetheart."

She greeted Harvey the same way as everyone welcomed him.

Mindy let out an irritated sigh and pulled me in for a hug.

"Sorry, my mother is just so damn infuriating."

"I take it you moved out then." I said with a laugh.

"I tried to, believe me. But I can't leave that old bat alone for longer than a minuet without feeling bad."

 I laughed and brought her in for a longer hug.

"Your parents felt it was best they stayed at home." She said sadly.

"It's okay. I expected it."

 She gave me a sad smile. I was hugged from behind.

Max's perfume filled my nose, I grinned as I squeezed her harder.

 We all talked loudly over each other as we walked to the car. Jason helped with the bags as Max and I ran ahead.

I laughed as she told me everything she'd been up to. Working for her parents wasn't as glamorous as everyone made it out to be.

Constantly being groped by the suited old men, or harassed by the older women, pristine without a hair out of place, encouraging her to meet their sons who, by the way, were most likely gang members or associated with gangs.