Chapter Twenty-Eight - Scrabbled

While they walked back along the road to the hotel, Louis huffed seemingly fed up of walking and carrying bags. Harry, who's bags were cutting into his hands actually saw where Louis was coming from this time.

He was rather hungry again and he looked about them to see if they could sit down for a bit. There was a grassed bank beside the river coming up and he sighed with relief.

"Lets stop and eat something." He said and Louis made a relieved sound as Harry directed them to the grass. Louis dropped his bags and fell onto the grass stretching his arms out. Harry put his bags down too and moved to sit cross legged by Louis and he looked through the bags to find something to eat.

"It's too hot to do anything," Louis said breathlessly and Harry grinned and put some crisps on Louis' chest while picking the fruit he'd bought himself out. Louis watched him amused before sitting up and opening his bag of crisps.

Harry looked out over the river and smiled at the boats still sailing in, rippling the water and sending small waves up the stone bank below them. It was obviously getting late in the day, it having passed to quickly since he'd slept most of it away because the sun was getting low in the sky, sending an orange glow over things.

"I'm shattered," Louis sighed as he ate his crisps and he moved to lean his head against Harrys shoulder, putting most of his weight against him. Not that Harry minded that in the slightest. He smiled down at Louis who was busy concentrating on the crisps and fondness swam through him.

He felt so lucky to be able to call Louis his, and part of himself still wondered how exactly it had happened. He looked back up at the river and decided that his life was actually so amazing and he was the luckiest guy on earth right now.

Louis scrunched up the bag of crisps, threw the empty wrapper into a bag and moved so he was laying down, his head on Harrys thigh looking up at him.

Harry smiled down at him and moved to play with Louis' hair, their eyes smiling at each other. Although they weren't saying anything to each other, Harry felt completely relaxed and happy with the silence.

Louis closed his eyes and breathed out softly looking relaxed and he smiled as harry continued to stroke his hand through his hair. He looked ready to fall asleep and Harry looked over to the hotel in the distance and he bit his lip before pulling gently at Louis' hair.

His eyebrow drew into a slight frown and he opened one eye to Harry.

"Let's get back to the hotel and you can nap while I put this stuff away." Harry said motioning to the bags around them. Louis groaned and turned around so his face buried into Harrys thigh.

"Can't I just nap here?" He asked. Harry chuckled and ran his hand along Louis' back soothingly.

"Nope, come on." He said with a grin and he moved to stick his fingers into Louis' side. Louis half groaned half laughed and squirmed away from Harry to sit up on his knees.

"I told you, I'm not ticklish." Louis said, his arms curling around him.

"and I'm a monkey's uncle." Harry grinned reaching out to the bags.

"You're tarzan, so I suppose so yeah." Louis said, Harry shook his head slowly as he stood up. Louis looked tired and ridiculously cute as he too stood up. Hary just wanted to curl him up in his arms and lay with him in bed.

It just meant getting back to the hotel first and he picked up more of the bags. They were still heavy and dug into his fingers but they began to walk back to the hotel, a little faster than before.

It seemed to take ages which time always seems to do when you need to get somewhere and so by the time they'd finally reached the hotel, Louis was yawning into his shoulder every thirty seconds or so. It was making Harry feel tired even though he wasn't sure he'd be able to sleep any more that day.