Chapter Fourteen - Its A Date

The ice cream shop ended up just being a couple of shops away and as soon as they entered they were hit with a cool air. Harry followed the others to the lines of ice cream in the display and he looked at all the different flavours. He smiled to himself as he heard Louis muttering to himself ‘I scream for ice cream’ while bouncing on his toes looking through the flavours.

“I’m going to get three scoops” Niall said excitedly “I love life” Harry focused his attention onto the different coloured ice creams, they all looked really nice, from whites to chocolates to bright blue. There was even a rainbow coloured one.

However may choices there were, when it came down to it he got himself a vanilla scoop in a cone and stood beside Niall as he licked his three scoops.

“double chocolate fudge brownie, white chocolate and shortbread in vanilla ice cream” He said with his face practically buried in it. Harry smiled and watched as Louis walked over with a mint chocolate chip with a flake and cone.

“Come on, lets walk around while we eat these then we’ll go to the beach” Liam smiled as he walked over with an oreo filled one. Everyone agreed and Zayn who’d gone for vanilla too pointed at a sign on the door which showed there would be a huge market in the town centre  in three days. They all hummed while licking their ice creams. It could be fun really.

They walked into the street, the sun a whole lot more bearable with the ice creams. They melted quite quick in the sun though and soon Harrys hand was getting a little sticky.

“You’ve ice cream on your nose” Louis chuckled leaning into Harry and licking his nose. Harry scrunched it up and watched as Louis crossed his eyes and smiled as he leant back.

“you’re so weird” Harry laughed

“As if you have the audacity to say that” Louis chuckled “You’re weirder than weird” Harry put on a show of pouting as they walked back towards the square.

“Haz, we’re going to play golf tomorrow!” Niall said from where he was looking in a shop window. Harrys eyebrows rose and he diverted to where Niall was standing and he looked over his shoulder still licking his ice cream.

“Where’s the golf course?” He asked

“Just a mile up the road” Niall replied turning to look at Harry. He had ice cream all down his chin and cheek and Harry rolled his eyes using his napkin to wipe Nialls face.

“Would the others like to play golf?” Harry asked “I don’t think they’re into golf”

“They could go do something else” Niall shrugged. Harry looked over to see Louis pushing Zayns ice cream into Zayns face. Niall laughed beside him and nudged him.

“Think of it this way, go off and play golf with me and when you get back to him, he won’t be able to keep his hands off you” Niall winked at him “also, you’re going to be spending the evening with him on your date, I want some one on one time with you too”

“Yeah, okay” Harry nodded feeling a little guilty that he’d not been spending as much time with Niall as he could have been. Nialls face lit up and they walked over to the other three.

“We’re abandoning you tomorrow I’m afraid” Niall said in between his ice cream “Haz and I are going to go play golf” The look the other three gave made Harry smile because they looked like they couldn’t think of anything worse “you don’t mind do you?”

“no that’s cool” Liam shrugged finishing off his ice cream and licking his fingers “We’ll find something to do” Harry looked at Zayn who shrugged as he wiped his face clean and Louis looked a little put out but Harry couldn’t see him arguing about it.