Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

I went outside, avoiding anyone that I could bump into at the Twilight Mansion. It has been like this for as long as I could remember. They all hated me because I was an opast. Although I wasn't sure why Luka was accepted, maybe because of his devotion to Yuki.

Their hatred was even directed at Flare as well. To me, it was fine but Flare? I just couldn't stand it. I had to look after her. She did so much for me. I couldn't just let her get bullied like that.

I heard voices behind me. Huh? I turned around and came face to face with Toko and Tsukumo. They cringed when they made eye contact with me and pushed past me. I sighed and continued walking towards my 'secret garden'.

Not many people came here. It had a beautiful cherry blossom tree growing in the middle. This was where I went when I wanted to be alone. Nobody bothered me here unless they really wanted to.

Luka and Sodom were the only ones that came here, other than myself. I sat down under the tree and stroked Flare's fur.

"Not getting any better?" Luka asked. I nodded. He sat down beside me and closed his eyes.
"Do you miss Yuki?" He just nodded. Sodom sat down on the other side of me and leaned against me.
"Ne (Y/n)?"
"Yes Sodom?"
"Can I see your cherry blossom?"
"Sure."

I smiled at him, he was so adorable. I lifted my right hand up and willed the cherry blossom to unwrap itself and bloom. It grew out of my back and wrapped itself around my arm, the cherry blossom melting into my hand when I first got it.

If this was dying or injured, then I would die or become seriously ill. The others had tried to kill me a few times, only Luka and Sodom were there to stop them. Flare would always be kicked and tossed till she was barely breathing. But she didn't dare fight back. They were technically our comrades.

Sodom started playing with Flare, who had just turned into human form. She had long straight white hair gradually turning into orange at the tips. She wore a short dress the colour of autumn leaves and the exact same ballet flats as me. Her eyes would change colour depending on her mood although it would usually stay on hazel, her normal eye colour. She was about the same height as Sodom.

I watched as the two played and laughed together. How I wish I could do that. If only I had a family, a friend. I mean, sure Luka was a good friend but he didn't do these kinds of things and rarely showed his emotions. Yuki tolerated me but otherwise, would just ignore me. At least better than being bullied. I listened as the wind blew and the birds chirped. Eventually, I fell asleep.

~2 hours later~

I woke up to find myself in a different location. Where was I? I blinked a few times. Why was I in this dark alleyway? Flare was beside me, bruised and bloodied. I gasped and gently picked her up. She didn't open her eyes but she was fortunately still breathing.

I realised that I had twisted my ankle and had a cut on my arm, millimetres away from the vein/stem of my cherry blossom. Probably just the people in town. They would do this to us because we weren't humans.

I stumbled and slowly started to limp home. By the time I got back, the sun was already setting. Flare coughed out blood. I walked faster into my room and began treating her, not even realising the condition I was in. By the time I was done, my arm had a black thing spreading.

Poison! Oh no... I placed Flare on the bed and went outside to get more first aid supplies. But I just had to bump into Hotsuma. He stared at me for a few seconds then walked off. Weird...he always made some rude remark, no matter how stupid it seemed.

I went to the cherry blossom tree and touched the trunk. Please work... It had to. This cherry blossom tree wasn't ordinary, it could heal me. The only one I've found since a decade ago. The other one got destroyed. Unfortunately, it only grew once every ten years.

My hands started glowing and a bright light surrounded me. I felt my feet lift off the ground before I fell a second later. I was completely healed, like nothing had hurt me at all. Luckily only Flare and I knew of its healing ability. Otherwise, the others would've destroyed it. I went back inside to find Flare in her human form crying. She immediately ran up to me.

"(Y/n), I thought you were dead!" she cried.
"Don't worry, I would never leave you. You're my family."
"Family? Familiar?" she asked with a confused expression.

I laughed and pat her head. Someone knocked on the door. I hesitantly went to get it. I sighed in relief. It was only Luka and Sodom. They had brought us dinner.

"Thanks." He just nodded then left. Sodom decided to stay.
"(Y/n), can I have some as well?" he asked. I nodded.
"Itadakimasu!" Flare and Sodom said at the same time.

They tucked in and enjoyed the food. I just looked out the window, at the pelting rain and fierce thunder. Since when did this storm start? I must've been thinking about other stuff.

"(Y/n), aren't you gonna have any?" Flare asked. I shook my head.
"I don't feel hungry."
"At least have something," she replied while holding out a piece of fish. I smiled and ate it. What would I do without her?

(A/N): Hey everyone, I won't be able to update much due to school and I need to rewatch the anime since I forgot a lot about it. So the updates will come but very slowly, please understand.