Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

Luka went to pick up Yuki while I was bored out of my mind. Nothing interesting was going on.

"(Y/n), quick! There are a bunch of duras outside!" Flare exclaimed. I killed the lower demons easily.
"Well, would you look at that? Cherry blossoms blooming all year round..." My eyes widened.
"Sachiko..." She was someone that worked for Reiga and tried to kill me (made-up character).
"Oh, you still remember me? I'm surprised that you would, considering how one would try to forget bad memories," she exclaimed.
"I can't forget what you tried to do to my father."
"Come on, cheer up will you? I was simply trying to get him to rest in peace." I glared at her.
"Sachiko, what are you doing here?"
"I was ordered by Reiga-sama to kill you. You don't know how much your father begged me to spare your life-"
"My father's...alive?" She laughed wickedly.
"Of course he is, only imprisoned by the demon king." My father was imprisoned all this time? Tears brimmed my eyes.
"Hearing him scream in pain was amusing, I must say. You have no idea how much Reiga-sama tortured him. But all that time of suffering, he was begging for him to stop hunting you down." This time, I was crying. The tears just kept on coming.
"Your father is going to be killed soon," she added. My eyes widened.
"No...no!" She smirked. I glared at her with eyes full of hatred.
"How could you?... He only wanted to protect me! Is that how you cruel demons treat innocent people?!"
"Don't forget that you're a demon too." I fell down and cried my heart out. My father...
"That's why I hate myself. I will always be seen as an evil soul no matter how hard I try to be good. No matter how hard I protect them, they treat me as one of you..."
"(Y/n), come to our side. We'll treat you as an equal-"
"No."
"What did you just say?"
"No. I will not join evil, even if I'm gonna be treated fairly. My father's efforts will be for nothing and I don't see you treating him as an equal." She growled and sent an attack towards me. I deflected it and slowly began walking towards her.
"(Y/n), you don't have the power to face me," she tried to talk to me out of it. I was not gonna fall for anything she said.
"Says someone that follows orders of a demon king." She looked terrified but still stood where she was. I held out my hand.
"Any last wishes?"

I blasted an attack at her but it was weak enough to only shock her. I then teleported her back to where she came from. Before I could go away, someone grabbed my leg and slammed me into the ground.

"R-Reiga..."
"I have you now, cherry blossom."
"No, let her go!"
"Father..."
"(Y/n), promise me you'll stay away." I looked around for him and spotted him in the corner. He was barely even moving.
"Father!" Reiga kicked me. I got up but stumbled a little.
"Want to battle it out?" he asked.

I shook my head and sent an attack at him that could possibly kill a strong opast and teleported back to the Twilight Mansion. I could feel myself falling...that attack took too much of my power.

Yuki's POV

I watched as (Y/n) was talking to that other opast. They had started fighting. When she came back, she fell. Luka wasn't here. I caught her before she fell. Flare had tears in her eyes.

"Please save her," she cried. I was about to heal her until Toko came and told me to stop.
"No! I'm tired of you treating her like a piece of trash-"
"Yuki, we heard everything. Please, give her to us. We'll help." I hesitated.
"Listen Yuki, we'll explain everything to you after." I reluctantly handed her over. Hotsuma picked her up. He seemed...gentle? I followed them, they took her to the doctor.
"Why is that creature in my-"
"Hush doctor, she needs medical attention ASAP," Toko interrupted.

He sighed and nodded. Flare was watching his every move, making sure she wasn't harmed in any way. When he was done, he told us that she needed to rest. We all nodded.

(Y/n)'s POV

~Some time later~

I woke up and wobbled. Someone steadied me. I turned my head and saw Luka.

"Thank you." He just nodded. Everyone was here.
"What's going on?..." Toko had tears in her eyes. Everyone else, excluding Yuki and Luka, looked guilty.
"(Y/n), we're sorry!" she exclaimed.
"For what? Wait, how am I sure this isn't some kind of prank?"
"Please forgive us. We heard your conversation with that other opast and..."
"And?"
"We feel terribly guilty. We thought that...you were on their side." She lowered her head. Flare came in and immediately hugged me.
"I thought you were gonna die," she said, crying. I laughed.
"I still have you to protect, why would I?" She smiled. I stood up and walked over to Toko.
"I forgive you all." She hugged me and smiled the biggest smile ever.
"Thank you!"

Hotsuma and Shusei just left. Well...they were usually like that. Tsukumo smiled and pat me on the head before leaving the room.

"Here, (Y/n)." Yuki handed me a pink cross necklace.
"Thank you, it's beautiful."
"I'm sorry if it isn't much but I don't want you to get hurt anymore," he replied.
"Yuki-"
"I know what you're gonna say and I won't listen. I hate seeing people in pain." I hugged him. Luka was glaring at me. I poked my tongue out. He 'tched'. Toko and Flare were giggling.
"Oh yeah, where's Sodom?" Suddenly, a little black thing hit me right in the face.
"Hey!" He flew away with Flare by his side. Yuki laughed.
"Let's go." I grabbed Toko's hand and left the room.