Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV

~Midnight~

I woke up with a start. The scene of my father being killed by Reiga kept replaying in my mind. It was gruesome and traumatising.

"Nightmares?" Kuroto asked. I nodded.
"Come on, let's go have some fresh air," he exclaimed. I got up and followed him outside. The night air felt good.
"(Y/n), you're here?" Yuki asked.
"Yeah, Kuroto dragged me here against my will." He just ignored me.
"Where's Flare?" Suddenly, a ball of fur crashed into my face.
"Flare! Did you have to do that?"

She just smirked. I sat down next to Yuki and Sodom. Kuroto started saying something about ominous nights but I didn't listen. I was too busy thinking about the best ways to kill Reiga.

Haha, no...just my father. I regretted not saving him sooner. I...shouldn't have been born if it meant that he could live. Instead he had to be killed in return for his hospitality.

"Quit this job," Kuroto said.
"Why would you say that? Kuroto!" Senshiro asked.
"I am the only one he's after, you don't need to be in danger because of me." Kuroto said then walked away. I was about to go after him until Senshiro pulled me up.
"This is all because of you! I could've been his partner if you didn't ruin it all for me!" he yelled in my face.
"Let me go."
"What did you do to him?" he asked fiercely. Flare was hiding behind me.
"Nothing at all."
"Um Senshiro, please let her go. She's done nothing wrong. I think Kuroto-kun just doesn't want you to get caught up in it," Yuki exclaimed while gently taking his hands off me.
"*sigh* I know what Kuroto's thinking," he replied then walked away.
"Sorry Yuki."
"It's fine."
"Oh, you're still up? Why don't you go and have some rest?" Fuyutoki asked Yuki. He didn't say anything.
"Talking may help." I quietly left their conversation.
"Good night (Y/n)," Yuki said.
"Night Yuki, get some rest." I walked away and went back to Kuroto's room.

Where are you?
I just want to be alone.
Don't stay out too late.
Stop worrying.
Pfft, come back soon.

I lay down and faced the ceiling. Eventually, I was engulfed in a restless sleep.

~The next day~

I was sitting in a room with Kuroto, Senshiro and Tsubaki. Apparently Yuki had left at dawn to go look for Luka.

"Don't you two know anything about this?" Tsubaki asked. Senshiro and Kuroto just stared at each other.
"Did you two have a fight?" she asked.
"I'm going to look for Yuki," Kuroto exclaimed while pulling me along by my sleeve.

Senshiro followed us. We looked everywhere. Ugh, where could he be? This power...oh no...don't tell me...

"Guys, Yuki's in trouble!" I quickly ran off in the direction of the opast that killed Kuroto's previous partner...Cadenza.
"(Y/n), what's going on?!" Kuroto asked worriedly.
"Cadenza, he set up a barrier. Yuki's with him. I can see what's happening through Flare's eyes. Her and Sodom are both injured."

We arrived and they (Kuroto and Senshiro) immediately attacked him. He deflected their moves effortlessly.

"Yuki, are you okay?"
"Yeah, but-"
"No time for questions."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the side of the area then began treating Flare and Sodom's wounds. Luckily they weren't hurt too much.

"Flare, I'm sorry to have to ask you if this but please look after Yuki." She nodded. Kuroto and Senshiro were both defeated.
"Oi, you think you can just hurt them like that?"
"Why? They treated you like trash, cherry blossom."
"One of them might've but that doesn't give you the right to hurt them when they've done nothing to you!"
"They started it."

I sighed in frustration. Seriously...this guy was way too annoying. He was about to pick up Kuroto but I kicked his jaw.

"Oh, looks like you can fight too," he commented.
"Don't touch him."
"Okay, let's see how weak you really are." I got out my katana.
"Well, aren't you gonna attack?" he asked.
"Attack? Me? *fake gasp* I would never."

He looked at me, unamused. I secretly willed my cherry blossom to come out from behind him. They chained him to the ground. He simply broke free but the cherry blossom vines spilt a toxic liquid over his body. He crouched down in pain.

"I must say, that attack surprised me." Suddenly, he stood up and struck his weapon at me. I managed to stop it with my katana.
"You can't stay like that forever," he said.
"I know."

He leaned harder. I lost my grip for a split second so he took this chance to attack me. I created a shield but it only lessened half the impact.

"Why do you protect them? You're a demon."
"Isn't that obvious? They're my friends, even if I'm not treated like one. You know, I pity you. You grew up in a lonely world where nobody taught you."
"Shut your mouth."
"I can say whatever I want."

He attacked me over and over again but I simply stood in front of Yuki, not letting the attacks get anywhere near him. Kuroto and Senshiro got up and struck him.

"Yuki, run!" Kuroto ordered.
"But-"
"Go Yuki, please!"

Flare and Sodom tugged at his sleeves. He reluctantly turned around and ran. Kuroto and Senshiro couldn't move. Cadenza grabbed me by my arms and aimed at them.

"No!" I couldn't break free or else he would crush my cherry blossom.
"Stop!"

Suddenly, Yuki formed a wall of light around Kuroto and Senshiro. Cadenza let go of my arms. He attacked the shield. I quickly stood in front of it and blocked his every move.

"Yuki, take them and go!"
"But-" I coughed out some blood and stumbled backwards.
"Stop your useless attacks!"

I sent a spiral of energy towards him, which sent him flying backwards. Then a blast of lightning struck down and Reiga appeared in front of me. I stumbled and lost my balance but Reiga caught me. I glared at him before losing my consciousness.

"(Y/n)!"