Chapter 21

(Y/n)'s POV

I slowly opened my eyes.

"Oh, you're awake?" It took a while for me to adjust before I was fully aware of where I was. I was still in Reiga's arms.
"Don't bother to struggle, you're too hurt. You've grown weaker since your father died," he exclaimed.

I looked over at Cadenza. He was bound by chains but soon broke free. Before Cadenza's attack could reach us, I got out of Reiga's grasp and created a shield.

It broke but luckily, no one was hurt. Suddenly, Reiga started attacking him. I found it hard to breathe and almost lost my balance.

"The hammer of judgement will fall on the foolish. Dominion Sclaim!" I stumbled behind Reiga.
"Lufen! I am the keeper of the Key of Raziel. I invoke my title of necromancer to banish you to whence you came!"

He continued his spell but Cadenza broke free of his previous spell. I don't know why but I immediately blocked his attack and deflected it back towards him.

"Oh, protecting your uncle now? Even in that weak state?" Cadenza asked.
"Uncle?" Yuki asked, confused.
"Shut up."
"Pfft, you'll be easy to defeat with some of your power disappearing," he replied.

I glared at him. He struck his weapon at me but before I could dodge, Luka appeared and pushed me out of the way.

"Good to see you again, Bloody Cross. To think that I would have another chance to fight you..." Cadenza started.
"You want to fight?" Luka asked.

Suddenly, Luka's power increased immensely. Flare nudged me. I leaned on her, the pain was unbearable. Why was this happening?

"Go Yuki, don't worry. I won't let him die if that's what you want," Luka exclaimed. Tsukumo, Toko, Senshiro and Kuroto took Yuki.
"(Y/n), come on!" Kuroto yelled. Reiga appeared in front of me.
"She's not going anywhere," he replied.

Flare started growling at him. Cadenza was getting ready to attack us but it never came. Reiga had turned it into ice.

"Cadenza, I told you not to disobey me. I will not allow you to kill God's Light now."
"Why, Kanata-san? Why are you protecting me?" Yuki asked.
"Give it up, Yuki. He's Reiga," Kuroto argued.
"If you truly hate mankind and have betrayed the Giou Clan, why throw yourself in harm's way to protect me? You told me to hate you but I can't," Yuki asked once more.
"Fool, do you not realise that keeping you alive is a part of the plan? Don't think so highly of yourself," Reiga replied.
"Reiga-dono, if keeping God's Light alive is truly part of our plan, I apologise for my actions, and I will continue to serve you. Tell me, Reiga-dono. Where do your loyalties lie?" Cadenza was interrupted by Hotsuma's flames. His eyes locked with mine. I looked away, clearly not expecting that to happen.
"(Y/n)..." I coughed out more blood than before.
"What's happening to her?" Hotsuma asked.
"Pfft, humans really are fools. Do you not know of her condition? She was a human that was made into an opast. Although the experiment succeeded, her 'mother' left her on the street. That was when her father adopted her and sealed the curse away with her cherry blossom so that she wouldn't get hurt. Now that he's dead, her cherry blossom is fading," Cadenza exclaimed.
"H-how did you know that?" He just smirked and aimed his hand at me.
"What curse? Is there any cure?" Kuroto asked.
"I'll turn into a pile of dust by the time my cherry blossom is gone...or at least that's what I assume. The only way to cure it is...true love."
"What?! Why didn't you tell us before?!" Hotsuma asked, annoyed.
"I found no reason to."

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. This was too much. I looked at my cherry blossom and noticed that almost one-third was crumbling. Reiga picked me up.

"What are you doing with her?!" Kuroto asked...well, more like yelled.
"She'll be a good pawn later on," Reiga said.
"Let her go," Luka commanded while pointing his sword at him. I closed my eyes, hoping to make the pain go away.
"(Y/n), open your eyes! Don't let that man take you! Fight back!" Hotsuma yelled.

I didn't want to. I couldn't. I couldn't move. No matter what I did, my body just felt numb. Why?... I wanted to fight him...but I couldn't. Someone, please save me... I needed someone...anyone. I couldn't stay awake any longer before losing my consciousness.

(A/N): Sorry the chapter's so short 😅