Chapter 23

Kuroto's POV

I caught (Y/n) as she fell. She must've used too much power. Luka walked away in anger.

"Wait. Why are you always trying to finish things alone? What are we to you? Aren't we your friends?" Hotsuma asked.
"Let's all go together," Senshiro exclaimed.
"Takashiro-sama should be able to trace Yuki," Shusei added. We all headed back inside. I put (Y/n) in her room and sat down beside her. Why must she always do this?
"Kuroto, let's go," Senshiro said.
"But-"
"It's probably better if we let her rest," he added before I could even say anything. *sigh* I reluctantly got up and headed to the lounge room.
"Okay, everyone. Looks like none of your injuries are severe," the doctor exclaimed.
"You didn't need to do all that just for this," Hotsuma replied.
"You have to take proper care of yourself. The real battle is just beginning," Shusei told him.
"We fight because there are those we want to protect, right, Kuroto?" Senshiro asked.
"Yeah."
"Come on. You should get checked out too, Luka-kun," Tachibana said.
"I would very much like to examine you," doctor told him.
"I'm fine," Luka replied.
"Luka, you need to have at least some medical attention," (Y/n) exclaimed.
"Oi, you're supposed to be resting," Hotsuma said.
"Could Yuki still be suffering because he can't fully acknowledge Reiga is his enemy?" Senshiro asked, completely ignoring her presence.
"Probably, yes," Tsukumo replied.
"Damn it...why does he have to suffer?" Hotsuma asked, not expecting an answer.

(Y/n)'s POV

Takashiro walked in. I could sense that there was a gloomy mood in the air that made me uncomfortable.

"Everyone, you fought well. Unfortunately, Yuki has fallen into enemy hands. I will locate Reiga. We will rescue Yuki," Takashiro said.

I sat down next to Hotsuma, leaning my head against his shoulder. I wanted to fall asleep and never wake up again.

"(Y/n)..."

Yuki's POV

Huh? What was this? "I have robbed you of your freedom," Reiga exclaimed.
"Why? Killing me should be easy for you."
"I still have a use for you," he replied.
"Is that all? Are you sure it's not because Kanata-san is still inside you...and you just don't want to kill me?" I asked while slowing grabbing the stone (Y/n) put inside my pocket.
"What if I said that that was true?" he asked. My eyes widened.
"Would you betray the Giou Clan and ally yourself with me?" he asked. I couldn't answer his question.
"As we speak, the world is slowly moving toward destruction. Meteorological abnormalities caused by environmental pollution, hunger, terrorism and wars driven by racism and religion. Humans are foolish and deeply sinful creatures," he exclaimed.
"I have a belief. People may not be able to live without betraying and hurting others. But kindness and warmth, emotions and courage... These important things come from people as well."

The rest of the time, we spent talking to one another. But I began wondering...what did (Y/n)'s stone do? Why did she secretly give it me?

"I told you, I abandoned the name Wakamiya Kanata. I abandoned it the moment you became God's Light."

(Y/n)'s POV

I wonder how Yuki was doing. *sigh* That stone should keep him safe for now.

"Hey, are you gonna get off me now?" Hotsuma asked.
"Oh, sorry."
"Oi, I was just joking." Seriously, this guy... Suddenly, Fuyutoki came in.
"I have a message from Takashiro-sama. The Zweilts are to go to Yuki-san immediately," he exclaimed. I stood up and walked outside.
"(Y/n), would you mind taking us there?" Toko asked then quickly added, "I don't mean to trouble you or anything. It's just that you're the only one that knows the place..."
"It's fine. I can take you there."

This might have a chance of failing but I'd try. I held out my hands and focused my power on teleporting everyone. *sigh in relief* It worked...but then I noticed that half of my cherry blossom was gone. I hope I could survive until this battle ended.

"Alright, let's go," Hotsuma said.
"Wait, someone's here to greet us," Luka pointed out.
"We'll handle these guys, go!" Hotsuma exclaimed. We all ran on ahead. Hotsuma, please be careful.
"I've been waiting for you, Zess," Elegy said.
"Luka, (Y/n), go. We'll take care of this," Toko told us. We ran on ahead, past that stupid general class.
"Kuroto, Senshiro, can you take care of this?" They both nodded. Luka and I rushed to Yuki's location.
"Are you alright, Yuki?" Luka asked. I quickly ran to Yuki.
"Are you hurt anywhere? Where's the stone?" He held it out. I started to chant a spell and placed my hand on the cage he was in.
"Alright, now let go of it." He did as I told him and let go. The stone glowed and broke. The light was absorbed into Yuki.
"That should lessen half the impact of any attacks sent towards you." Luka and Reiga had both summoned their familiars in the form of dragons.
"Flare, can you fight as well?"

She nodded. I chanted another spell and she turned into a dragon, fighting alongside Sodom. She had combined her power with Sodom's to defeat Reiga's familiar. They won. I quickly caught Sodom and Flare before they hit the ground.

"Flare! Sodom!" Yuki yelled. I quickly healed their wounds but they needed to rest.
"We are inside the barrier I created," Reiga said.

Luka and Reiga were fighting again. Luka had sent a spell towards Reiga but it was deflected. Oh no! I quickly ran in front of him and hugged him. The attack hit my back. I coughed out a lot of blood. Sadly, Luka was still a little hurt. Reiga looked at his hand.

"The reflected spell did such damage," he muttered to himself then added, "I'll have to kill you here."
"Please don't! Please don't do this anymore!" Yuki argued. He held out his hand and was about to kill Yuki until another attack stopped his spell.
"Why did you interfere, Luze?" Reiga asked.
"I had simply heard that God's Light is essential to achieving our goals," Luze replied. I struggled to get to Yuki.
"Good to see you again, Luka. Or should I call you, 'brother'?"