Chapter 18

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat down by a nearby stream. Surprisingly there were cherry blossom petals on top of the water. I waved my hand and they all drifted in front of me, sorta like a pathway.

"(Y/n), is that safe to walk on?" Flare asked.
"Yeah, it should be."

She carefully stepped on it. The cherry blossoms stayed where they were, withstanding Flare's weight. She smiled happily and began 'walking on water'. I lay down and closed my eyes. Well, time for a nap.

"(Y/n), are you sleeping? Come play with me, I'm bored," Flare exclaimed.
"Nah, I'm too tired."
"Awww, you're so mean," she joked. I just smirked and fell asleep.

Flare's POV

Ugh, seriously?! She actually fell asleep? I pouted. Now what? I know, the animals! They might play with me.

"Hey, you there. The blue-winged butterfly, wanna play?" It just landed on my nose.
"You won't eat me, right?" it asked. I laughed.
"Of course not. My name's Flare, what's yours?"
"Lily," she replied.
"Well, let's be friends." She flew onto my finger.
"How are you walking on those cherry blossom petals?" she asked, confused.
"Oh, you see that lazy person over there? She can do anything involving cherry blossoms."
"Oh, I see."
"Hey, I heard that!" (Y/n) yelled. I swear I just saw Lily jump.
"I thought you were asleep." She just sat up and rubbed her eyes.
"Well, I got tired of sleeping." I sweatdropped.
"Sorry Flare but I have to leave now. See you soon," Lily exclaimed then left.

(Y/n)'s POV

I suddenly heard Yuki's voice. Was that just my imagination? It must be. He should be at the residence.

"Luka?" Huh? I turned around and came face to face with Yuki, Senshiro and Kuroto.
"Hey guys."
"Oh, it's just the trash? We should go look somewhere else," Senshiro said. I stood up.
"Thanks for the 'greeting'."
"Just ignore him," Kuroto replied.
"Kuroto, remember what I told you!" Senshiro scolded.
"Tch, whatever."
"Anyway, Yuki? What are you guys doing here?"
"We were looking for Luka," he replied.
"Sodom!" Flare exclaimed happily.
"Um..." Yuki started.
"Yeah?"
"You seem close with Kuroto..."
"Oh, yeah. You could say that we're close."
"Yuki, don't talk to her. We need to look for Luka," Senshiro told him. I rolled my eyes.
"Well, it seems like someone doesn't want me here so I'll just take my leave-"
"Uh, if you don't mind, can you please help look for Luka with us?" Yuki asked. I hesitantly nodded.
"Let's go then," Kuroto said.
"Can't you just use telepathy?" Flare asked.
"Oh, good point."

Luka? Where are you?
Somewhere outside the residence.
Wow, so descriptive *sarcasm*. Tell me, Yuki's looking for you.
Tell him to wait, I'll go there soon.

"So?..." Kuroto asked.
"He told Yuki to wait. He'll be there soon."
"Why can't you just tell us where he is?" Senshiro asked, annoyed.
"Oi, its not like he tells me everything."
"So all that looking around was for nothing? Ugh, all her fault...again!" I rolled my eyes.
"Senshiro, please don't blame her. She did nothing wrong," Yuki argued.
"Come on, let's go back. It's getting dark," Senshiro exclaimed, dropping the topic.
"You guys go back first, I'll catch up with (Y/n)," Kuroto said. Senshiro glared at me while Yuki nodded and waved goodbye. Sodom and Flare left with them.
"So why didn't you go with them?"
"I don't know, just wanted to rest," he replied simply.
"Oh, is that it? Sorry but save the resting for later. Now come on."

He sighed and got up again. I followed my instincts and in a few minutes, arrived where Luka was...with Elegy.

"Who's that?" Kuroto whisper-asked while pointing to her.
"An annoying opast named Elegy."
"Like you aren't annoying?" I punched him lightly on the arm. He just smirked.
"How long has it been, Zess?" she asked while stroking his cheek. I mentally puked.
"I think Senshiro will be able to call her the rubbish bin." Kuroto just stifled a laugh.
"I loved your eyes, like grey jewels and your jet-black hair but you suddenly betrayed us," she cooed.

Eww, just get out of here already.
You can say that again.
Luka? Oops, didn't realise I was using telepathy.

I accidentally slipped on something and fell backwards onto Kuroto.

"Who's there?" I stood up while pushing Kuroto back so that she wouldn't see him.
"It's only me."
"Oh, (Y/n)? You know, your father's really worried about you. Maybe I should kill him."
"You wouldn't dare." She just smiled evilly. Luka pointed his sword at her.
"Draw your weapon. Let's get this over with," he exclaimed.

Kuroto, we'll talk later. It's too dangerous, go back.
But-
I said go.

I could tell that he got up and quickly walked away.

"Oh, a Zweilt guardian?-"
"You lay one finger on him and you're dead."

She grabbed her whip and attempted to attack me. But it was stopped by Luka's sword. They were engaged in a battle until she suddenly swung her whip at me. I caught it but she flung me into a tree. I cracked my neck.

"Seriously? You made me feel like I haven't moved in a million years."

She glared at me then turned to Luka. Trying to attack me by surprise? Why else would she suddenly do that?...unless she just hater me. They were talking about something related to Yuki.

"I refuse to acknowledge this! I love you so much but you and that human girl... I'll never forgive you, Zess!" she argued.

This was when the serious battle began. I yawned and leaned back against a tree, knowing that Luka wouldn't need any help.

"Why are you just standing there?!" Elegy asked, annoyed that I wasn't doing anything. I destroyed her skull things.
"Good enough?" Luka sent an attack at her. She fell, he took this chance to aim his sword at her.
"Are you done?" he asked emotionlessly. Suddenly, Yuki (as a girl) was in her place.
"Luka, snap out of it! It's an illusion!"

He didn't listen. *sigh* I aimed an attack at Elegy. It hit her the same time Tsukumo shot her. They were here too?! Yuki disappeared. I helped Luka up.

"Hey, it's not real."

He seemed to come back to reality. Toko and Tsukumo stood protectively in front of us. Elegy left, claiming that they ruined her conversation with Luka.

"I never would have expected to be saved by you," Luka said.
"What do you mean? Of course we saved you. We're on your side," Toko replied. I just looked at the sky, wondering when all this would be over.