Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s POV

I was pacing back and forth in my room. Why couldn't I save him? Why couldn't I? *sigh* Damn it! I winced as the pain in my chest and stomach started hurting again.

"(Y/n), they found Tsukumo!" Flare exclaimed. My eyes widened. I rushed into the room at the same time Yuki did. We were told to go inside.
"Don't worry, Toko. I'm sure he'll be alright." She still looked worried, like her world was ending.
"Using anti-demon magic and the Zweilt's own regenerative abilities, his external injuries can be healed easily enough...but I can't wake him," the doctor explained. He took something out of his pocket. Yuki's handmade necklace.
"Apparently, when they found Tsukumo, this necklace was glowing softly, as though protecting him. (Y/n), please. Do you have spells that will help Tsukumo? I want to keep Yuki as a last resource." I thought about it for a moment.
"I have a few but they may not work. I've never tried using these spells before."

He nodded as if to tell me to go ahead. I held out both of my hands and started to chant a spell. Wait, did the protective spell I cast on him work?

"(Y/n), is something wrong?" Yuki asked.
"I put a protective barrier spell on him, hoping it would lessen the impact the attack had. If I can just link my spell to the previous one, there'll be some hope."

They both nodded. I started again, this time adding in some other words. Once I was finished, I looked at Tsukumo. His eyes fluttered open. A sigh of relief escaped my lips.

The doctor told everyone to come in. Toko shed tears of joy when he woke up. Tsukumo said something about Reiga...that stupid demon king! Suddenly, Tsukumo closed his eyes. The doctor reassured Toko, telling her that he was just sleeping.

"Thank you, Yuki-chan," Toko said.

I quickly left, not being able to hold on the pain any longer. I teleported to my room and collapsed onto the bed. From the attacks I took before combined with Tsukumo's was too painful. Luckily no one had noticed.

"(Y/n), can I- What happened?" Flare asked worriedly.
"Nothing, I'm just tired."
"Tell me the truth, what actually happened?"
"I'm fine-"
"No you're not. I'm calling-"
"Okay, fine. I'm not..." I felt my eyelids grow heavy...

Flare's POV

"(Y/n)! Wake up! Please..." She was luckily still breathing. I quickly ran out of the room to go find someone.
"L-Luka! Over here!" He turned around and headed in my direction.
"(Y/n) fainted! I think the pain's too unbearable."

He quickly went to her room. Her face was in an expression of wincing and she looked like she was about to cry. I looked at her with worry.

"We have to get the doctor," Luka exclaimed. I couldn't contain my worry as I stayed here, watching her suffer while Luka hurriedly went to get help.

Hotsuma's POV

Damn it! That stupid Ashley girl...

"Is Tsukumo alright?"
"Yuki-chan spent the whole night healing him, although he denies that it was him," Toko replied.

That idiot, always worrying about others... Toko left while I heard Flare talking to Luka. (Y/n)'s...hurt? I quietly went to her room and opened the door. Flare was sitting by her, crying softly to herself.

"Tch, you shouldn't cry. She'd feel bad for making you cry. Is that really how you would want her to wake up?" Flare looked up at me with puffy red eyes and shook her head. I looked at (Y/n).
"What happened?"
"She fainted due to her previous injuries from fighting Reiga. Also, I think she took all of Tsukumo's pain away onto herself so that he would wake up," Flare replied. That idiot...why couldn't she worry about herself for once?...

~Timeskip brought to you by Sodom's cute pout~

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up and found myself feeling better.

"(Y/n), don't do that again. You could've taken weeks to heal if you told no one," Yuki exclaimed.
"The doctor helped so don't worry about Yuki. Flare stopped him from helping," Luka answered before I could even ask the question.
"Oh, thanks anyway."
"(Y/n), if you don't mind, please come with us," Yuki said.
"Where?"
"To rescue Shusei, you idiot. Where else?" Hotsuma replied. Oh...
"Don't worry about the barrier, Luka already took it down," Flare exclaimed. We all went to Takashiro's office. Yuki demanded permission to go see Shusei.
"No, we can't send you into an enemy trap," Takashiro replied.

He soon allowed us but he had to come along as well. Apparently he would join us later, after he broke Ashley's barrier. We left as soon as possible and arrived in an amusement park. This is the barrier they put up. Suddenly, the amusement park came to life and lighted up.

"What happened? I swear it was a ghost town before..." Hotsuma commented.
"We're inside Ashley's barrier," Luka replied.

A rabbit mascot came over with a balloon but was destroyed by Luka. The theme park went dark again. We were surrounded by lots of creepy-looking dolls. Ashley's work.

"Hey, you two take Yuki and go on ahead," Luka ordered.
"You intend to take on all these guys alone?!" Hotsuma asked.
"They're after Yuki and they've already completed half their job so there will be no need to keep Shusei alive," Luka replied. Our eyes widened.
"Quick, go now. (Y/n) knows where to find her."
"Come on, guys!"

They followed me. I killed off the dolls that were chasing us. We found that suspicious Kanata person here. I glared at him.

"Yuki, don't go! Stay with me!" Kanata begged.
"Shut up, do you want to die?! Listen, I know you're not who we think you are. I can sense it and you look oddly familiar."

He looked at me with an emotionless face. A large female doll attacked Kanata but missed because Yuki pushed him out of the way. Hotsuma was taken instead. I jumped into the roof and used my katana to slice through her body. She turned into ashes.

Kanata begged for Yuki to stay but we left. Soon, we arrived at Ashley's hideout. Hotsuma had a terrible wound. I quickly cast a spell on him.

"It'll heal in a few minutes, come on! We don't have much time!" We ran down the hall until we arrived in front of a door. It slowly opened and revealed...Shusei.