Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

I stood in the garden I was in a few minutes ago, still wondering about my encounter with Kuroto. Ugh, the thing about true love still bothered me. This shouldn't be happening. Why now? I suddenly felt a strong pain in my chest and the need for oxygen became stronger.

"S-someone...help me..." I collapsed to my knees and coughed out blood.
"(Y/n)!" Flare immediately rushed to my side and tried to calm me down.
"What happened?!" she asked once the pain was gone. I panted and hugged her.
"Flare...it hurt..."
"Don't worry, you're fine now."
"What about Yuki?"
"He's still with Takashiro and Sodom. I left them to check on you," she replied while looking at me worriedly.
"Flare, don't look at me like that. It'll make me worry..." Soon, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

~Dream~

"(Y/n)? Who's that? I've never heard of that name anywhere." Flare... She didn't remember me?
"Then who's this girl?" Toko asked.
"I don't know. Why are you asking me?"
"Because we found this in your room."
"What are you talking about? I never had that. Someone must've put that in there without me knowing," Flare replied with a confused look on her face. What?
"Um excuse me?" They both looked at me.
"She's the girl in the picture! Quick, catch her! She's the demon king's daughter!" Toko exclaimed.
"There must be some mistake-"
"There's no mistaking it, she's the girl," Flare added.

No...this cannot be happening. They called the others and immediately attacked me with their powers. Why?... I tried to withstand it but all of them combined...it was just too much. Then Luka came. Oh no, don't tell me he was going to kill me?!

"Luka, it's me! Don't you remember?!" He simply aimed his hand at me. I closed my eyes and braced for the attack but it never came.
"At least you're safe..." Kuroto?
"Kuroto! No, wake up! Please!" He had passed away.

~Dream end~

I woke up with a start.

"(Y/n), I was so worried about you!" Flare exclaimed. I was still in the garden but this time, Kuroto was here. I immediately hugged the both of them.
"Oi, let go. What happened?" Kuroto asked.
"N-nothing, just a nightmare. Anyway, what are you doing here?"
"I just came to talk to you. What do you think?"
"Oh, what about Senshiro?"
"No need to worry about him. Anyway, now that you're okay, I'll go now." He stood up and left.
"At least say bye!" He just waved with his back still facing me.
"(Y/n), are you sure you're okay?" Flare asked.
"Yes, you just worry too much." She raised an eyebrow and sat down beside me.

Yuki's POV

I had just gotten back from my talk with Takashiro.

"Were you waiting for me?"
"Of course," Tachibana replied.
"Did Takashiro-sama tell you everything?" Tsubaki asked.
"Yes."
"What are you going to do now?" she asked.
"What I will do?"
"I want to know what you really feel."
"What I really feel..."
"You're kind, so I know you'll do what's asked. But I'm not sure you should have joined the Giou Clan. Think about it! We're here by choice. Fighting duras, defeating Reiga... We know that's what we're meant to do, but Yuki is different! He came here, with no memories of his past. And he should make his own decision, now that he understands what this battle is about! His future...what he wants to do!"
"I don't want any more people to get hurt. So I will fight, if that's something I can do." Suddenly, a thought of Luka appeared in my mind. Was he okay? *sigh* Maybe I should think about this later.
"Excuse me?"
"Yes?"
"Tsubaki-san and Ibuki-san, are you my aunts?"
"Did Takashiro-sama tell you?" Ibuki asked.
"Yes, I heard you are my mother's sisters."
"Since the boss has already explained he's not your brother, I supposed we can tell you about Mizuki-san now," Tachibana exclaimed.
"Mizuki?"
"It's your mother's name," he replied. My eyes widened.
"I'm sorry we didn't tell you,' Ibuki started.
"We'd been wanting to meet and tell you. You're our precious nephew. Yuki-kun, here," Tsubaki said. She handed me a photo.
"My mother?"
"She's beautiful," Masamune complimented.
"When we took that photo, you were still in her stomach. Our sister had you when she was nineteen."
"What about my father?"
"Well, Mizuki refused to tell us his name. One day, she took you and disappeared. But remember this...Mizuki didn't leave you at the orphanage because she didn't want you. I think she wanted to protect you. Mizuki treasured you, even before you were born. Never forget that someone wanted you to be born," Tsubaki explained.
"Someone wanted me..."
"We also were delighted when you were born," Ibuki said.
"It was as though we had a new little brother," Tsubaki added.

(Y/n)'s POV

"He's made his decision," Luka exclaimed.
"Oh, I see." He was about to leave until I grabbed his sleeve.
"What?" he asked.
"Do you have any food?"
"*sigh* No." I let go of his sleeve.
"(Y/n), there are better things to do than eat," Flare said.
"Like what?"
"Protecting Yuki and playing around and uh eating?" I raised an eyebrow. She just laughed. When was Yuki going to go back? It was so boring here.