Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s POV

"Luka, is this man...?" Yuki began.
"Yes, he is my younger twin brother," Luka replied.
"What should we do, Fowler?" Luze asked.
"Destroy all who stand in our way," Reiga replied. Luka and Luze were getting ready to fight. Flare nudged me.

It's fine, just let me be.
You're hurt, don't fight anymore.
Sorry Flare.

"Why did you abandon the status you received to side with the humans?" Luze asked.
"I do not regret my decision," Luka replied. They were both fighting. I needed to help Luka somehow.
"Light will always cast shadows. Even if you forget, you will always find each other. And the purer your feelings, the greater the darkness," Reiga exclaimed.
"I create darkness?" Yuki asked, shocked.
"That is why I wanted you," he replied. Suddenly, there was a loud rumble and the barrier broke for a second.
"You're here, Takashiro," Reiga commented. Luka stopped Luze's attack.
"Are you that desperate to defeat me, Takashiro?" Reiga asked.
"It's been a thousand years. It time for you to experience these burning emotions."
"I will bury your words and your life in oblivion." I looked at Takashiro and Luka fighting, hoping that they wouldn't get any more hurt in the process.
"(Y/n), you're hurt," Yuki said.
"Nothing to worry about."

He just looked worriedly at the blood dripping from my back. Haha, I might die soon. I really just wanted to go to sleep without any disturbances but that was not possible. I needed to stay alive until this battle finished. Suddenly, Yuki was surrounded in a bright light.

"His power will be unleashed. When God's Light runs beyond control, darkness is dispelled. A duras's very existence would suffer serious damage," Reiga exclaimed. Luze disappeared. I could no longer sense the other general classes' presence.
"Yuki!" Luka yelled.
"Luka, stay back! I can't stop it, I can't stop it anymore!"
"Yuki, it's alright. Wait there."
"How is he, a duras, still alive inside?" Reiga asked.
"Luka is protected by his contract with Yuki... No, contracts never held any meaning to those two. Isn't this the truth you were searching for?" Takashiro asked. Damn it, I couldn't fight this light anymore.

Hotsuma's POV

We arrived at the centre of the building. What happened? Where was (Y/n)? I spotted her near Yuki. She had fallen unconscious. Flare was by her side with tears falling down her face. I ran over to them.

"What happened?!"
"She...she's going to die!" Flare replied, crying. I looked at her cherry blossom and noticed that it was slowly turning to ashes.
"Do something, Hotsuma. Please..." Flare begged.

What do I do?! Ugh, I just hope this worked. I gently lifted her up and kissed her. Her cherry blossom turned into ashes and disappeared into thin air.

"(Y/n)...I love you." Tears slid down my cheeks.
"I'm sorry I treated you like you were nothing. I...was just afraid to admit that I had feelings for you. I'm sorry, please forgive me!" These words that I wished that I could say out loud to you.
"H-Hotsuma..."
"(Y/n)!" She smiled at me before falling asleep. I noticed that her wounds had healed.
"Look after my niece," Reiga said. Eh?! He cared for her?!

~Timeskip brought to you by author-chan's laziness~

I was still in (Y/n)'s room, waiting for her to wake up. She had to. After what felt like an eternity, her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hotsuma?"
"Oi, I thought you weren't gonna wake up!" She just smiled and apologised.
"But was what you said true?" she asked.
"Well, what did you think? Of course it was or else it wouldn't have worked." I quickly covered my mouth, realising what I just said. She laughed.

(Y/n)'s POV

~At the Twilight Mansion~

It felt nice to be back. "Hey (Y/n), are you and Hotsuma a thing now?" Toko asked. *blush*
"N-no, what makes you think that?"
"Oh, nothing," she replied cheekily.
"Oi, what do you mean 'no'? Of course we are," Hotsuma stated. This caused me to blush more.
"Aww, let me take a picture," Toko said.
"Eh?!" Hotsuma immediately grabbed my hand and dragged me away.
"Geez, that crazy old woman," he muttered to himself.
"Hey, I heard that!" Toko yelled. I laughed. We went inside but I was knocked to the ground by Flare.
"(Y/n), what happened? Your cherry blossom's gone..."
"Oh, huh? I never noticed."
"C-can you still use your powers?" she asked.
"I don't know, I haven't tried."
"Well, you don't need to. I'll be here," Hotsuma exclaimed.
"Hey (Y/n), can I talk to you for a sec?" Kuroto asked.
"Yeah, sure-"
"Not a chance," Hotsuma replied.
"She's not yours," Kuroto argued.
"So? She's not yours either."
"Just because you're her boyfriend doesn't mean that no other boys can talk to her."
"How do I know you're not gonna steal her away?"
"Hotsuma, calm down. I don't think of him in that way."
"Tch, hurry up with your talk then." He walked away. Flare looked at us before chasing after Hotsuma.
"Are you feeling alright?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"That's a relief. But seriously, Hotsuma? He's a pain in the ass," Kuroto commented.
"Should I start calling you little bro again?" He immediately tensed. I laughed.
"I'm joking." He glared at me before ruffling my hair.
"Come on, (Y/n), Kuroto. Let's go look for Yuki and Luka," Toko exclaimed.

I smiled, remembering what had happened before. We soon headed out and found them standing somewhere in the forest.

"Yuki!" Toko called out. Suddenly, Hotsuma hugged me from behind and put his head on mine.
"You know, Hotsuma? I heard everything you said back then."
"W-what?!"
"Don't worry, I forgive you. I love you too."