Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

Apparently, Shusei was missing. Hotsuma was shocked. He ran outside but was stopped by Tsukumo. After a while, we went back inside. There was a gloomy mood that hung in the air.

"What happened? Why did Shusei-kun..." Yuki started.
"What are the odds that he disappeared on his own?" Luka asked.
"Impossible! There's no way he'd disappear like this, without saying anything to me!" Hotsuma replied angrily.
"If that's the case, does that mean Duras are involved?" Tachibana asked. *sigh* Yet another question.
"There's no point in speculating," Takashiro exclaimed then added, "The full force of the World's End is searching for Shusei."

They talked about Shusei but I didn't pay attention. What if I had a spell- No, that wouldn't work. Tsukumo couldn't even find him. Hotsuma was about to leave but got knocked out by Takashiro. Tachibana was ordered to take Hotsuma to his room.

(Y/n), a Zweilt...
Father?! Zweilt? Shusei!
Father, can you hear me?

No reply. Suddenly, something was projected into my mind. Shusei...he was with Ashley! That girl, I hated her. That stupid love-obsessed opast! She killed my aunt, my mother's sister, because she was jealous!

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Yuki asked.
"I-I'm fine."

~Some time later~

I was in my room, thinking up a plan. Nothing I came up with seemed to work.

"(Y/n)!" Sodom came running in with a tray of food. I caught it before it fell.
"Hey Sodom."
"Luka told me to give you that," he replied.
"Thanks."

Yuki's POV

I went to Hotsuma's room, carrying a tray of food. He said something about the barrier that he couldn't pass through.

"Have you ever wanted to stop being who you are?" Hotsuma asked.
"Yes, I have."
"I thought you'd say that," he replied. I looked down.
"I tried to kill myself." My eyes widened. He explained everything. How Shusei had made him choose life over death...how he never left him.

(Y/n)'s POV

We were all called to Takashiro's room. All of a sudden, my head started hurting like it was going to explode.

"(Y/n)-"
"Make it stop!"

The pain disappeared after a seconds then a video was projected out of my eyes. Ashley's work...I still wonder how she managed to steal one of my aunt's spell books. Apparently, we had two days to trade either Yuki or myself for Shusei. She had provided some things that we would need.

"It's a trap," Tachibana said.
"But we have to-"
"No Yuki," Takashiro exclaimed.
"I'll go."
"No, we need you for our power." I glared at him.
"I don't need your permission." He stood up and walked towards me.
"Don't ever talk back to me," he ordered. I just scoffed.
"We're all just your pawns, right? If we were all gone, you'd be powerless."
"(Y/n), don't worry-"
"No Toko, he doesn't seem to want to lose power. You still have Luka, and what makes you think I'll actually listen to them?"

Takashiro was about to slap me until someone pulled me back. Huh? I turned around only to come face to face with an angry-looking Hotsuma.

"How did you get out?" Takashiro asked.
"She helped me. I just can't go out of the mansion. At least she has some heart to let me walk around instead of being locked up in my room," he spat.

~Some time later~

Toko and Tsukumo had gone to investigate the case. Hotsuma made me go to his room.

"I know you're hiding something. What is it?" he asked.
"I...know that opast. She killed my aunt."
"Oh..."
"Pfft, why do you even care? It's just another opast." Tears filled my eyes. My aunt treated me like her own daughter. Why did Ashley...
"(Y/n), you're making the room feel like we're in an over-heating oven!" Hotsuma yelled. What?! I quickly calmed myself down and chanted a spell to make everything back to normal.
"Sorry!" I bowed before walking towards the door.
"Wait!"
"What is it, Hotsuma?"
"Do you know where Shusei is?"
"I..."
"Forget it."
"Sorry." I immediately froze. Reiga...
"Did something happen?" I teleported away to where he was.
"Oh, looks like I attracted (F/n)'s daughter." I glared at him.
"Tsukumo..." He was bleeding.
"What did you do?"
"(Y/n), go back..." Tsukumo said.
"No, this man is evil! I can't and won't let him go!" Reiga just chuckled before sending those twin opasts towards me.
"Flare!"
"Yes ma'am!"

She turned into a kitsune and attacked one of the opasts while I attacked the other. We were going fine until I saw Reiga advance towards Tsukumo.

"No!" I sent a blast of energy towards Reiga but this time, he just deflected it. Tsukumo! I needed to save him.
"Flare!" She nodded. I jumped in front of Tsukumo and took the attack instead.
"(Y/n), r-run..."

Tsukumo tried to persuade me but I didn't listen. Reiga sent attack after attack but I still didn't budge. I felt like giving up but I knew I couldn't.

I stayed where I was until he used most of his power into this one attack and shot it at me. I fell but used the last of my energy to put a protective spell over Tsukumo. Hopefully it'd work. My eyelids grew heavy as sleep engulfed me.

~Timeskip to when you're taken back to the mansion~

I opened up eyes but winced when I tried to move.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Yuki asked worriedly.
"What happened?..."
"Hotsuma said that you disappeared so we went to find you."
"They have Tsukumo..." Everyone's eyes widened.
"Who did this to you?" Hotsuma asked.
"Reiga."