Sad Ending

(A/N): The ending's are separate, just letting you guys know :)

(Y/n)'s POV

I was in my room, waiting for something to happen. I had a feeling that something bad was going to occur.

"(Y/n), hurry up. I'm hungry," Flare exclaimed.
"Haha, okay. Let's go down to breakfast." She smiled happily and immediately dragged me downstairs.
"What are we having today?" Toko asked Toma.

I looked at Flare before quietly leaving the room. I went to the garden where the cherry blossom tree was. At least it was still alive.

"I knew I'd find you here," Hotsuma said.
"Oh, yeah..."
"Why aren't you eating?" he asked while sitting down next to me.
"I don't feel like it." He leaned his head against my shoulder.
"I'm tired, let me sleep."
"Were you up playing games?"

He simply hummed in response. I smiled and closed my eyes. Please tell me that nothing bad would ever happen.

"I felt really guilty, you know? I was worried that you would disappear if I loved you. So I resulted in bullying you. I didn't have the courage to announce that I loved an opast. (Y/n), please forgive me. I won't ever hurt you again..."
"Hotsuma?" He had already fallen asleep. *sigh* Hotsuma, don't worry. I've already forgiven you.

Reiga's POV

"Reiga-sama, when are we gonna take her back?" Elegy asked, clearly bored out of her mind.
"Soon, be patient." I hope that fire boy looked after my niece. She was a vital part of my plan.
"Are you sure you only need her because of a plan? Or is it because you still harbour feelings for your niece?" Luze asked, smirking.
"Do not ask useless questions. She is simply a pawn that I must retrieve."
"Ugh, I'm going to-"
"Cadenza, don't. Now's not the time."
"Why? She already lost her cherry blossom so she must be powerless, right? Now's the time to attack," he replied. *sigh* Sometimes they could be really impatient.
"That's it, I'm going," Cadenza exclaimed. And it hasn't even been a week yet.

(Y/n)'s POV

Hotsuma pulled me up and kissed me.

"(Y/n), let's go back."

I nodded. But before we could do anything, a strong blast of wind came towards us. Surprisingly, my katana appeared so I cut through the wind.

"Oh, looks like you can still fight."

Cadenza? What was he doing here? He shouldn't be here. The battle already ended. He smirked and shot a spell at me. Hotsuma pulled me behind him and deflected the spell with his fire.

"Fighting for her, huh? Well, move. I want to see if she actually does have any powers left."
"(Y/n), let me handle this," Hotsuma exclaimed.
"No, you can't fight him on your own."

Cadenza got bored of us and got out his weapon. Hotsuma started fighting him but was getting seriously hurt in the process. I tried to use cherry blossoms, water, ice, fire...nothing worked.

Damn it, what happened?! I chanted a spell I memorised from one of my books. Hotsuma's injuries immediately healed and his energy was restored. Couldn't I do anything to help?! I should at least fight with my katana even if I couldn't use any powers.

"What was Reiga thinking? She doesn't even have any powers left," Cadenza commented. I pushed Hotsuma away.
"Go find the others!"
"But-"
"Just go!" He reluctantly ran off.
"Oh, so you want to fight me yourself?"

I glared at him before deflecting his attack. He used his spells to attack me continuously. I had to use my katana as if it was the only invincible thing here. By the end, I had gotten hurt badly.

"Any last wishes?" he asked before aiming his hand at me. Suddenly, lightning struck down and Reiga appeared.
"Cadenza, that's enough." I looked at him. He seemed a little different somehow.
"Pfft, whatever. I'm going back," Cadenza replied. Reiga turned around and grabbed my hand.
"I'm taking you with me," he said.
"No, I-" But his hand had burnt mine. I winced in pain. Before I could do anything, a strong wind surrounded us.
"(Y/n)!"

~When you arrive~

I opened my eyes and looked around. What was this place? Then I noticed that my hands and feet were bound by chains.

"You're awake," Reiga commented.
"What are you doing to me?"
"Nothing serious."

Elegy came in with a smirk. I looked at her in fear. What was she gonna do to me? She got out her whip and started to attack me again and again. By the end, I could barely breathe.

"Still nothing happening?" Reiga asked. She nodded. This time, Cadenza came in and gave me a smirk.
"(Y/n)!" Flare yelled.

Was she here alone? Then I noticed that my hands and feet were untied. I turned around and noticed that Luka had cut them. Everyone had come but something about the opasts seemed really different. They seemed...stronger?

"I gave them my blood. Their power should be able to rival Luka's power soon," Reiga said. The opasts showed no mercy when attacking everyone. Damn it, what now? I couldn't do anything.
"Nothing you do will change anything," Elegy exclaimed while smirking.

The more I waited, the more everyone got hurt. I hated not doing anything. I hated watching my friends get hurt for me. This shouldn't be happening. They shouldn't be the ones to suffer. It should be me.

"(Y/n), stop!" Flare yelled.
"What's happening?!" Hotsuma asked.
"Her father told me that if she ever changed, like she is now, then she's using a powerful spell to kill her enemies in return for her own life!"

I ignored their shouts and focused my energy into this one spell. A bright, hot light surrounded everything until it was too painful to keep my eyes open.

By the time the light disappeared, the opasts had disappeared. At least they left and stopped hurting my friends... Suddenly, my heart felt like it was being squeezed. I couldn't breathe. Hotsuma immediately caught me.

"(Y/n)..."
"H-Hotsuma, I l-love you..."
"(Y/n), no! Open your eyes! Don't do this to me. I need you...I love you." Goodbye everyone, at least they were safe...