Meeting

Finally I told Brody I was going to meet my father.
At first he wasn't too happy about the idea.

"I don't want you to go! He could be some insane person who wants to kill you for all you know!" He said angrily.

"But if it is my dad, I need to go! I need to take this chance!" I cried, tears threatening to spill.

"But what if it isn't?" He said, his eyes softening a little.
"But what if it is?" I smiled weakly.

He frowned, thinking about his decision.
"Fine, but I'm coming with you." He said sternly.

Since when did he become my boss?

"Fine." I said. I slid on my shoes, as did I, and we got in his car. He drove me to the diner and walked in.

Unknown- I'm to your left

I looked to my left and saw man with a small beard and a warm smile. He had the same eyes as I did, which let me know for certain he wasn't lying.

"So you're my dad?" I asked him, once Brody and I had sat down.
He nodded, his smile reappearing.

"I'm sorry I didn't stay with your mother, it's not that I didn't love her, I just wasn't ready for a child." He said, his smile fading.

"I'm so sorry." He said sincerely. I frowned, thinking of what to say next, but I didn't have to say anything.

"So you think it's okay to leave a pregnant woman and your unborn child alone for all these years? All of her mom's boyfriends abused Emma!" Brody snapped, wrapping his arm protectively around my waist.

"No, now I don't. I see where I messed up. And if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" He asked.

"This is my boyfriend Brody, the boy who saved me from my mom's abusive husband." I said, resting my head on his shoulder smiling.

"Boyfriend huh?" He said, starting to act overly protective.

"Cool it, "dad"," I started, making air quotes.
"I just met you. Brody was there for me, I didn't even know who you were." I said, ticked that he felt he had the right to get over protective with my boyfriend who had helped me when he didn't.

"Sorry. I hate myself over the fact that I missed out on being a dad. You're seventeen now, right?" He asked. I nodded, my mouth dropped open over the fact that he kept track over my age for all these years.

"I wish I could go back in time and be there for you, but I want to make the most of the time I have, will you come and stay with me? At least till you're eighteen?" In that moment it felt like time had stopped, and I was frozen to the spot.

I looked over at Brody who seemed sad at the idea for me to leave.

"Where do you live?" I finally asked.

"About three hours away." He said, and my mouth dropped.

_________________

700 views! Thanks guys! Please comment and vote, thanks again for the reads.