Goodbye Ethan

Today Ethan is going home. It sucks, but hey, at least I have Brody though.

"When are you coming back for your next visit?" Brody asked, I was kind of curious as well.

"Probably in about six to eight months." He said frowing. He was just as upset he had to leave, as we were.

"We'll miss you." I said, giving him a small smile.
"I'll miss you guys too. Bye Brody, love ya Em." He said, getting in his car and pulling away.

When Ethan told me he loved me, I could feel Brody tense up. Yay, jealousy issues.

"Why did he say he loved you?" Brody asked, yep, looks like I was right.

"He loves me as a friend Brody. Please don't get jealous again like you did with Aiden." I said, speaking of which, I hadn't seen him in a while.

"Fine, I won't." He said. I smirked and pinched his cheek.
"That's my good boy." I said, and turned and walked inside.
________________

It was a boring, rainy Saturday, and we had nothing to do.

Then all of a sudden I got a call from Ethan.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hi, this is Doctor Aarons, Ethan has been in a horrible car accident and I was informed to go through and call all of his favorite numbers." My mouth dropped at that information.

"What hospital is he at?"

"Clear Lake. He got rushed to the ER, and he's in room 538. I have spent more time on this call then I should have, goodbye." He hung up, leaving me alone with my haunting thoughts.

"Brody!" I called. He came in with a worried expression on his face.

"They called you to?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Let's go." He said. I grabbed my purse and he grabbed his wallet and we left.

The drive there was quiet and miserable. Is Ethan going to die? How bad was the accident anyway?

Finally we arrived at the hospital. We jumped out and speed walked to the double doors.

"Where are you headed?" The lady behind the desk asked.
"Room 538." I said.
"Down that hallway, through the single door, to the left, and it's the first door to the right." She said.

We followed her directions and made it to the door in no time.

When we walked into the room, I immediately felt like crying.

Ethan had on a neck brace, and an arm cast, he was covered in bruises and there were bandages all around him from where he had been bleeding.

The two of us walked over to the seats by the bed and sat down.

"What happened?" Brody asked. I couldn't make myself talk over the lump in my throat.

"Someone spun out and ran into me and threw me in a ditch, I flipped a couple times before landing upside down." He said, wincing in pain multiple times throughout his sentence.

I wrapped my arms around him and we stayed that way for awhile.

Then the doctors came in, frantically rushing Brody and I out of the room.