Blue eyes

I miss Brody so much, I wish he was here with me, I wish I was in his arms, safe in his arms.

"Do you want to go do something?" My dad asked, standing in the doorway of my temporary room.

"Like what?" I asked. I was still kind of  nervous, knowing I was staying at my supposed father's house.

"I don't know, go out to eat, go to the beach." He suggested.
"Both." I smiled. He shrugged.

"Sounds good." He smiled, and moved out of the way so I could squeeze through.

We ended up going to McDonalds for lunch. We were pretty much silent through lunch except for an occasional couple words.

Then we got to the beach. I went to the water almost as soon as we got there.

I plugged my nose and stuck my head under water so I could get my hair wet. For just a moment I opened my eyes and came face to face with a boy around my age.
I immediately swam to the surface of the water and he did the same.

He had dark blue eyes with black specks, it looked as if they were a piece of art work.

"Hey, I'm Noah." He said smiling, holding his hand out for me to shake.
I took it and smiled.

"I'm Emma." I said and he smirked.

"I bet people call you Em." I raised my eyebrows at him.
"How do you know?" I asked him, completely dumb founded.

"Because I have a sister named Emma, and everyone calls her Em." He said, his smile turning into a thin line.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" He asked. I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Panning for gold." I said sarcastically. He looked confused all of a sudden.

"Really?" He asked completely serious. I busted out in laughter. I wiped the imaginary tear that had fallen before speaking
"No, I'm just kidding. I'm here with my father." I said.

He looked over at the sand and then back at me.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked, his dark blue eyes staring into me.

"Yeah, I uh, yeah I do. His name's Brody." I said. I loved Brody, and I would never cheat on him, not in a million years, but Noah was pretty cool though, I have to admit.

"Oh." Was all he said. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked somewhat casually.

"No. I've been single for about three months." He said, his voice sounded laced with disappointment. I kind of felt bad for him, it must have embarrassed him, being turned down.

"Hey look, I'm sorry for turning you down." I said, looking down at my hands that were floating carelessly above the water.

"It's fine, I'm used to it." He said, which honestly tore my heart in two.

"Girls only like me for my looks, well, except for Janet. She's my ex. I broke up with her because she was moving hours away and I didn't want long distance." He said. I don't understand, if he loved her, wouldn't he try to make it work?

"Oh." Was all I said. Noah and I tossed a beach ball back and forth for awhile before he had to go.

The sun was still out so I went lver to my towel and lied down, hoping to leave with a half way decent tan.

***

"You ready to go?" Dad asked, standing up and grabbing his things.
I sighed and stood up, picking up my things as well.

As soon as we got home, I went to the shower and got in. The warm water hitting my back felt good.

After I got out and put on some comfy pajamas, I ate the dinner dad had made, and got into bed. I turned out my light and my eyes eventually grew heavy and closed.