Gorilla

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows together and playing dumb.

"First of all, how's it going between you and the gorilla?" I asked, wishing I could come up with a better nickname, but that was the best I had.

"Don't speak about him that way. I'll have you know that he's very kind and loving." she said, and flicked her hair behind her shoulder; and then I saw it.

"Mom, why is there a giant black bruise on your shoulder if he's so kind and loving?"  I asked, trying to prove a point, even though I was extremely concerned at the moment.

She pulled her blonde hair back over the bruise and shook her head.

"It's nothing, I-uh, ran into a pole." She said, and I scoffed loudly.

"You can't hurt the back of your shoulder by running into a pole. Did he hurt you?" I asked, and she shook her head once again, reminding me of how stubborn she is.

"Mom." I said, looking deeply into her eyes, as if they would reveal the truth for me.

"Ugh, okay fine. He hit me. But I'm tired of being alone! I can't lose someone else!" She said, her eyes welling up with tears.

"But he's hurting you! Get rid of him!" I cried out, my own eyes stinging with unshed tears.

"But I love him!"

"How can you love that beast? How many times has he hurt you?" I asked, and she went dead silent, tears falling freely from her bloodshot eyes.

"How many?" I asked, my voice louder, tears now falling down my cheeks.

"Too many to count." She replied quietly, her voice frail and vulnerable.

"Leave him! Get away from him before he kills you mom! If you have to, then come stay with us!"

"I Don't think the Anderson's would like that, not after everytime I let my boyfriends hurt you." She said, guilt flooding her eyes and tone.

"I'll talk to them. It would just be until you get back on your feet." I said, and she sniffled before reluctantly nodding.

"Work your shift, and then come to our place. I'll tell them your coming when I get home. Bye mom." I choked out, and left the diner without a second glance. I don't know if this is the right choice, but oh well.

***

"Guys, my mom is leaving Blake because he hurts her worse than he hurt me. She's going to stay here until she can get back on her feet." I said, but before the others could respond, Brody had my wrist and was pulling me back into the kitchen so we could talk.

"I don't want that idiot to stay with us. She let you get beaten and abused, why can't you do the same to her?" He asked, and clenched his jaw.

"Because I'm a better person than that. She's still my mom, and I still love her. I'm not going to let my ex-stepfather kill her!" I exclaimed, glaring coldly into his eyes.

His bright green eyes turned shades darker before he spoke, "I know you are but can't she just get a hotel?"

"She doesn't have much money can you please just let me do this favor for her? As I said earlier she's still my mother." I said.

A loud sigh escaped his lips before he threw his hands up in the air in a form of surrender.

"Whatever. But you better believe if I ever see Blake again, I'll be in prison for the rest of my life." He growled.

I smirked, but nodded.

Anna and Steve agreed with everything Brody had said once we told them our conversation, but they also agreed to her staying here.

***

Uh oh, here we go! *smiles mischeviously* thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!