(Chapter) unknown

"Just what I needed. Going on a wonderful date, with my even better girlfriend, and then coming home to watch a movie." Brody said, pressing his hand to his heart in a joking manner.

"You're an idiot." I grinned, rolling my eyes.

"That hurts, right here." He said, keeping his hand on his heart, and sticking out his bottom lip.

"You're a baby. I knew guys acted like toddlers, but with your reputation, I didn't realize you were going to be this bad." I said, and he pressed his finger on my lips.

"Hush now Em, I'm trying to watch the movie." He said, and I smirked.

"It's a commercial about bubble gum toothpaste with a picture of a pink pony and a rainbow." I said, and he waved his hand dismissively.

"Shut up Emma." He groaned.

"Just saying." I said, before grabbing a handful of popcorn out of the bowl in Brody's arms, and grabbing a blanket off of the coffee table in front of us.

I spread the blanket out over both of us, and curled my legs up under me.

"You comfortable now?" He asked, holding onto the bowl tightly so I wouldn't knock it over.

"Not yet," I said, before resting my head on his shoulder. "Now I am."

He moved his head so it was resting on top of mine, and at that moment, I felt like the happiest girl in the world, like all my problems had melted away, like it was just the two of us.

Until..."Hey kids, the two of us are going to the store. Be good. Don't do anything...bad." Anna said, and my mom walked up next to her.

"Okay." Brody beat me to responding and flashed them a sweet, mischievous smile.

Anna eyed the two of us, while my mom just looked at us, trying to supress a laugh.

"You guys have fun...but not too much." My mom said, before basically pushing Anna out the door.

"So, do you want to, maybe, make brownies?" He asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"We'll probably burn them, but sure."