Uncoordinated Flamingo

This chapter is gladly dedicated to RoshniMehta5

I'm going home today, and I have no idea why I'm so nervous, like seriously, I feel like my stomach's going to explode.

I turned on the shower and stepped in, only to be greeted by freezing cold water.
A small yelp escaped my lips and I leaped forward, landing like some uncoordinated flamingo.

"You okay?" My Dad asked through the door. "Yeah." I said, relaxing as soon as the water got warm.

I heard his footsteps get quieter as he walked away.

When I was dressed, I stepped out of the bathroom and went to go pack up my things to go home.

"I'm going to miss you Emma, it's been a hard few years knowing I had a daughter that I had never gotten to talk to." He said, I looked into his eyes that mirrored a reflection of mine.

They were glossed over from the tears I was afraid to shed, and his looked the same. His grey eyes looked more pained though, more dull.

"I'll miss you too, Dad." I said, my voice cracking on the last word. A small smile appeared on his lips from me calling him with a title of so much importance.

"I love you little girl." He said, his eyes now glowing. I ran over to him and fell into his arms.  This was a safe feeling that Brody couldn't give me. I'd never known what it was like to have a father to protect and love me.

"I love you too Dad." I said, the word now falling out of my mouth with ease.

"You ready to go home?" He asked me, sadness lacing his extremely vulnerable voice.

I nodded and grabbed my backpack; slinging it over my shoulder, I followed him out to the car and got in the passanger seat.

It was a silent ride home, but a pleasant one.

When we got home, I unbluckled and ran to the front door, pounding on it.
Dad got out of the car and walked him to the front porch with me.

The door flung open, revealing a tired bed head Brody, but the moment his eyes landed on me, his whole face lit up.

"Welcome home Emma." He whispered when I was in his arms, his chin on top of my head.

"It's good to be back." I responded.