All to myself

I decided to update early, because I don't know if I'll get to it later on.

________________

By the time we had gotten to school, my mood had kind of lightened up. I was almost at my locker when my phone dinged. Brody was next to me since his locker wasn't too far from mine. 

Dad-I need to see you now

I was so confused my the text. "What's wrong?" Brody asked, stopping in his tracks to check on me. "I honestly don't know." I said, typing a response. 

Emma- I can't just ditch school

Dad- This is important, school is the last thing I'm worried about

Emma- Whatever, where do you want me to meet you?

Dad- The warehouse on the edge of 56th street and Taylor rd. 

Emma-K, I'll be there in a few minutes

Dad- Come alone

Emma-Why?

Dad- Just do it

Since I have no other sort of transportation other than Brody's car, I'll have to walk, at least the warehouse ain't to far from here. 

"Where are you going?" Brody asked, slightly grabbing my shoulder to slow me down. I glanced back at him, "To see someone." I said, walking off. It was about two minutes before I actually realised how that might have sounded to him. 

It was about a ten minute walk to the warehouse, and it wasn't exactly in good neighborhoods. 

It was getting cooler, it was around fifty-nine degrees outside, I had a sweatshirt on with a pair of grey shorts, my legs were freezing, but my top half was kind of hot. 

I pushed open the doors to the warehouse and stepped inside. "Dad!" I called, searching around the cold dusty building for him. I walked over to one door that had a note on it:

Dear Emma, 

I went to go do something, I'll be back in a few minutes. 

I tore the note off of the door and threw it to the ground for no particular reason. I sat on a stone block and waited for my dad.

I heard the warehouse door open and close. "Meet me in the middle room!" He called. He was closer than I was so I knew he beat me. I pushed open the door that had closed due to the wind. 

I screamed at what I saw, Brody tied up with tape over his mouth, knocked unconcious. His head was bleeding due to a bat or something of the sort coming in collision with his head. I ran over to him and knelt down beside him. I stroked his hair with my hand, but it caused no movement with him. I felt a sick feeling twisting inside my stomach, did Dad hurt him?

"Hey Emma, it's been a little while hasn't it?" Dad asked, stepping out from the dark shadowy corner. Tears were streaming rapidly down my cheeks. "I trusted you! Why did you hurt him?" I screamed out, my voice shaking uncontrollably. 

"I want you all to myself Emma, I don't want your puny boyfriend in my way." He said walking over to me. He was making me physically and emotionally sick. I couldn't form the words to come out of my mouth. 

"Come here Emma." He said, opening his arms wide for me to come over to his embrace. I shook my head no and backed up against the wall, making sure to leave an escape.