(Chapter) unknown

I sat in Brody's arms crying, my eyes stinging from the countless tears.

His shirt was now extremely soaked seeing as I was crying into his chest.

"It's okay Em. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. But at least he made it a failed attempt yet again. He'll have a stronger punishment this time." He assured me, stroking my hair and resting his chin on the top of my head.

He made me feel so much better when I was with him.

"I wish it was you instead of the other guy. Nothing personal, but you weren't the one who saved me either time." I said, not intending for it to sound as angry as I felt.

Brody's POV-

"I wish it was you instead of the other guy. Nothing personal, but you weren't the one who saved me either time." She said, and I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

"I know Em. It kills me that I that there." I said honestly.
I'm not worthy to be with someone like her. I mean, I haven't been there for her when she needed me most.

Maybe I don't deserve to be her boyfriend, maybe I should end this soon, before she gets hurt.

"Don't sweat it Brody. It's fine, I just would have felt safer if it were you." She said, and I emotionally broke.

Then the door opened and mom came into my room, her eyes bloodshot and her cheeks tearstained.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling Emma closer to my chest.

"Honey, your Dad just got in a car accident, I'm so s-sorry." She stammered, before leaving my room so she could break down again.

"Brody, a-are you okay?" Emma asked me, and I snapped before I could stop myself.

"Of course I'm not okay!" I hissed, my voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

She cupped my face in her small hands and pulled me closer to her until our foreheads were resting against eachother.

"Everything will be okay Brody. Remember when Ethan died? We pulled through that didn't we? And he was our best friend, well, one of them. I know this isn't going to be easy, and you'll never be completely over it," She said, "You Don't have to listen to that. I hardly did myself, and I'm the one who said it!"

"No, no. I need to hear things like that sometimes. It's okay. Thanks Emma." I don't remember the last time I called her by her full name, and judging by the way she tensed up, I don't think she does either.

***

Awe, poor Brody! My heart broke while writing this! I'm feeling such a swirl of emotions right now! What an interesting couple of chapters, lol!