(Chapter) unknown

Brody's POV- 

I sat on the edge of my bed looking through the three  letters I got for college. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously. 

Emma got hers in today to, and she's making me wait to open them until she gets done in the bathroom, but she seems to be taking forever. 

I chewed the bottom of my lip so much I could taste the blood already. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and fell back against my mattress. 

"You ready babe?" She asked, and I jumped up. 

"Finally!" I exclaimed, starting to tear open the one for engineering. 

We are sorry to inform you that we can't accept you. 

I sighed and raked my hand through my hair before tearing open another one. 

We are sorry to inform you that we can't accept you. 

I sighed again, my stomach flipping over and over again with nerves. 

I opened the last one that Em and I had both wanted to join together, a school in a small town a few hours away from here. 

Congratulations, you are accepted. 

I threw it on the floor and started to do a victory dance around my room. Making noises with my mouth and strumming on my imaginary guitar. 

"Which one were you accepted to?" Emma inquired, looking at me with a hopeful gleam in her eye that I got accepted to the same one she did. 

"The school we both applied for." I said, and she squealed. 

She jumped off of my bed and I took her small hands in mine. We started to dance around my room. 

Graduation is tomorrow, and we only got our gowns this morning. 

"So, you ready to go tell your mom and da-" She cut herself off once she realized what she said. She bit her lip before wrapping her arms around my neck. 

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her small frame close to me. She's so much different than I am, we're complete opposites, yet there's no one else I'd rather be with. 

"I'm sorry Brody, I completely forgot." She apologized, lifting her head up and looking into my eyes. 

"It's fine. Let's go tell my mom and your mom."  I said, reminding her that her mom was here too. 

She nodded and we turned to leave the room. 

Emma's POV-

"I'll go tell my mom, you can go tell yours." I said, and he nodded, turning to head down the stairs, and I walked in the direction of my mom's room. 

I knocked on the door and waited for a response. When it remained silent after a couple more knocks, I turned the handle and entered, but what I saw made my jaw drop. 

"Mom!" I screeched when I saw Blake and his arms wrapped around her waist. She turned to me with a guilty look in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry Emma, but I love him. I can't leave him this easily." She said, pulling away from him and reaching out to tousle my hair, but I ducked out of the way so she'd miss. 

"Get out." I seethed, pointing out the bedroom door. 

"But-" I cut her off before she could finish. 

"Get. Out." 

Before Blake could get out, I grabbed his arm, "How are you not in prison?" I questioned, and he smirked. 

"I know my way out of things, and there's nothing you'll ever be able to do about it."

***

Sorry this chapter was kind of short, like my other ones, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for all the support, it means so much!