chapter 4

You would think going over to a boy's apartment for dinner would make any girl nervous.

Nope, not me.

In fact, I was as cool as a cucumber.

Rummaging through my closet, I tried to find a hot outfit. Black skinny jeans and a pink tank top? A dress?

I spent 15 minutes just staring at my clothes before I decided on my first choice: black skinny jeans and a pink tank top with black ballet flats. My eyelids were covered in a heavy pink eye shadow. Black mascara framed my eyes. I covered my skin completely with make-up and added powder on top of it.

Before I left the house, I brushed my teeth once more. My father gave me a disapproving look but I left him standing in our living room without listening to his rant on how I should not dress up like a whore and bla bla bla. Whatever.

I made my way over to Louis', knowing exactly which bus to take thanks to my former trip to his apartment.

When I rounded the corner to his street, I immediately saw the purple building.

I went up the stairs to his door. First of all, I still remembered the way. But Louis also texted me again.

Ding dong. The bell rang through the apartment, loud enough for me to hear it. I heard footsteps come closer to the door and prepared myself to see those beautiful blue eyes again.

"Just in time," Louis said, letting me in and closing the door right behind me. He took my hand and led me to the kitchen.

I let out a small gasp. A nice rosy smell hang in the air and the table was neatly set. Stepping into the kitchen, I could also smell pasta. My eyes flickered to the stove: two medium-sized pots were left there cooking food on their own.

"Take a seat," Louis told me and took the pots off the stove. He let the water of the pot with the noodles flow off before he put the pot back on a cold cooktop.

His soft hands prepared the plates. It was safe to say that the food looked and smelled delicious. My mouth watered.

"Enjoy your meal," Louis winked. I just smiled and took my first bite.

It really was delicious. I loved boys who could cook.

We ate in nice silence but soon Louis decided to shoot questions at me in between bites.

"So... I already met your sister. Do you have any more siblings?" he started his question round.

"No, it's only Phoebe and me. Do you have any siblings?" Two could play a game, right?

"Yes," he smiled, "four sisters." My eyes widened. Four? Dear Lord. "Do you go to college?"

"Yes. I study Law and History," I sheepishly answered. "What about you?"
Did I mention that his eyes were beautiful? The blue was soft and his eyes seemed to be shining. The way he looked at me showed the intelligence he undoubtedly was blessed with.

"I'm currently working with a craftsman. This seems to be my hidden talent," he softly laughed. I took a sip of my coke before he asked me his next question. "Have you already seen 'The Wolf of Wall Street'?"

I thought about it for a moment. Groaning, I remembered my cinema visit on Monday. And Harry. He intimidated me with just sitting next to me. For 3 hours. No one had told me that the movie's length was 3 hours. The only good thing Harry had going for him so far was his sweet offer of popcorn. That was shadowed by him putting his huge hand into the popcorn bag at the same time mine were already inside. I flinched by the memory of his hot hand touching mine.