chapter 30

"She'll visit me on Wednesday. You have no idea what you have done!" Harry exclaimed with a huge grin on his lips.

I couldn't help but smile along. For once, I felt like I had actually accomplished something in life.

"Do you... do you want to come along?" Harry asked me, unsure of my answer.

I thought about his question. I didn't really know Gemma and I felt like their reunion should be just between them. I didn't want to interfere. I shook my head. "This is something between you and your sister."

Harry's face fell a little. "I just... you met her. Gemma said, she told you everything. I don't require an explanation now but I just would love for you to be there when she opens up to me."

I was unsure of what to do. My gut feeling told me to stay behind and let them be but my heart told me to support Harry. "Where do you meet her?"

"Freedom's Park, at 6 pm," Harry answered. The smile on his lips betrayed that he thought my question was a confirmation that I would meet Gemma with him.

Where would Gemma stay? I had assumed that she would just stay at Harry's but then they wouldn't have to meet at the park.

"Great. I'll be there but I'll just watch from afar," I told him. The solution just came to my mind and before I could rethink it, I had already said the words.

Harry accepted my offer. This way, we both somehow got what we wanted.

Freedom's Park wasn't far from my parents' house, I could easily walk there. I just wondered why he had chosen it. All I knew is that it used to be a very popular park once but by now, everyone avoided it. Apparently there had been a rapist doing his business there once. I shuddered at the thought. The world wasn't a nice place to live in.

"Back to us," Harry grinned once again and stepped closer. His huge hands held my wrist and I sucked in a deep breath. "Are you tired or do you want to go out with me now?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"I would love to-" I began but was stopped when my parents burst into the room.

"Zoey! How was New York City?" My father asked enthusiastically.

"Zoey! Who is that handsome boy?" My mom asked next.
Did she really not remember meeting him at the mall before? Harry didn't exactly have a face you could easily forget.

"Oh hello," my father greeted Harry, still in his enthusiastic way.

"I'm Zoey's mother but people sometimes mistake me for her sister," my mom said and winked at Harry. That little liar. People never thought she was my sister. She didn't even look that young.

My eyes darted between my parents as if I were watching a ping-pong match.

Harry shifted uneasily on his feet. My father noticed his nervousness and reached out his hand. Harry took it and smiled grateful. "I'm Harry."

My mother went in between my father and Harry. To my - and also Harry's - surprise, she swung her arms around his broad shoulders and hugged him. He hesitantly put his arms around my mom for a second before he let her go. His eyes flickered to mine and I could see panic in them. I fought off an upcoming laughing fit and gently pushed my parents back.

"You didn't even tell us you had a boyfriend!" My mother exclaimed, her eyes still fixed on Harry.

"Uhm," I stuttered, not really sure what to say.

"We haven't been dating for that long," Harry apologetically smiled at my mother. "If you don't mind, I would like to take your daughter out for the night." This time, Harry fixed his green eyes on my father. I rolled my eyes. Did he just ask my father for permission?