chapter 26

The bell finally rang and Lisa shot up faster than Edward Cullen did when he left the biology class after his first encounter with Bella Swan.

"Thank god, I don't think I could've stand his talk any longer," Lisa complained when I caught up with her in the hallway.

"You okay? You seem kind of on edge," I observed.

"No, I'm fine, just exhausted. Hey, my family's planning a trip to NYC for the weekend. They want to visit my aunt because she's getting married - again. I refused to go but they promised to support me financially if I tag along. My only condition was if I could bring you too. So, whatcha think?"

"I'd love to but I don't have the money, Liss," I sighed.

Lisa shook her head. "Don't worry, my dear auntie is paying. We'd stay the night at her old house. She's going to sell it soon, moving in with her new husband and stuff, ya know?"

I nodded. "Okay, I'm going to ask my mom." That didn't sound right. "No, I'm going to inform her," I corrected myself.

"Great." Lisa hold up her hand and I gave her a high five.

I just hoped I wouldn't have to wear a fancy dress or something alike.

"So, how was your night with Louis?" Lisa asked out of nowhere.

"Ehm... what?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Oh you know, your sister called yesterday and wanted to talk to you but you were currently 'taking a shower.' Figured I would cover for you. So, give me some details now," Lisa demanded.

"I... didn't stay with Louis," I told her.

"Well, where did you stay then?" Confusion was written all over her face.

"At Harry's?" It came out as a question.

Lisa stopped mid-track. "WHAT? After... after everything that's happened?" The former confusion was replaced by disbelief and a little bit of anger.

"Don't ask any questions, I'm begging you."

"This is not over yet, Miss Clark," Lisa warned me and walked off.

I cursed under my breath. Hopefully she would just leave me alone but that wasn't very likely. If Lisa wanted an answer, she'd get one.

I followed Lisa to our second class but the vibration of my phone stopped me from talking to her again.

1 new message

From Harry: "Meet me at the library at 6pm?"

I texted back and confirmed the time and place. To say I was curious as to why he wanted to meet me was an understatement.

The rest of the day flew by and too soon I found myself back in Lisa's car.

"My mom texted me, I have to pick up Leo again. Seriously, my aunt needs to get a proper job where she still has time to pick up her own kid. I'm not a nanny." Lisa was clearly annoyed but didn't complain any more.

She stopped in front of her cousin's prep school and begged me to get inside with her. "There are too many kids, they could eat me alive!"

I gave her a what-the-fuck look but joined her anyway.

Once inside, I scanned every inch for a certain curly-haired boy.

"There he is!" Lisa shouted. My eyes followed her gaze and sure enough, there he was.

Although his back was to us, I could easily make out that it was Harry. He wore his typical black ripped skinny jeans. His upper body was covered in a flannel shirt and I assumed he wore a white shirt underneath. His huge hands were holding a book and his deep voice slowly drifted through the room. He was reading some kind of fairytale.