chapter 31

"Gosh damn it, Lisa," I cursed.

"What?" She snapped back at me. Her eyes held a dangerous glare and I shot her the most-pissed look I could muster.

"Can't you ever be on time once in your life?"

"Excuse me, bitch. If it wasn't for me and my car, you would need to take the bus and then you'd be late anyway." Lisa rolled down the window on her side and put her elbow up. She was only driving with one hand and paid more attention to the radio than to her surroundings.

"Our dear first period teacher only hates me because of you," I complained.

"Not true. He would hate you anyway, it's not my fault!" Lisa defended herself. I gave her a stern look but it didn't affect her in the least. Instead, she suppressed a smile.

"Alright, just please use some useful facts today," I warned her.

"Are you implying that my facts usually aren't useful?" She rose an eyebrow.

I huffed. "No, of course not." Lisa detected the sarcasm in my voice and her hand collided with my upper arm in a painful blow. "Ouch!" I thrust out, rubbing the spot.

"Don't be a baby, that didn't even hurt!"

"That's what they all say," I fired back and swatted her on the thigh.

Lisa hissed and her grip on the wheel loosened slightly, making the car shift before she put her other hand on the wheel to steady it. "I didn't hit you that hard!"

"Whatever," I replied, rolling my eyes in an annoyed way to indicate that this conversation is over.

"If I speed up a little bit, we might make it in time," Lisa muttered. I didn't even have the chance to reply due to the fact that she pressed the pedal down in one swift motion, going way over the speed limit.

"I won't pay for your ticket," I warned her but she shrugged me off with a wave of her hand.

"I won't get a ticket." As on cue, there was a little flash to our right and we both looked up to see the speed camera before we passed it.

"Congratulations," I laughed. Lisa struck out to hit me again but I saw it coming and jerked my arm away.

She decelerated the speed which meant we wouldn't arrive in time. It wasn't like Mr. Sanderson expected us to, anyway.

"I totally crashed yesterday when we arrived at home," Lisa told me.

"I didn't. Harry was waiting for me in the living room and then we went out on a date." I hadn't even told her about it before hence I had to do it now.

"Where did you go?"

"Sollison Lake, speedboat," I summarized.

"So. You and Harry are a thing now for sure?"

"Yeah, my mum was like 'You didn't tell us you had a boyfriend' and he just introduced himself and didn't deny it so I guess it's more or less official?" I wasn't too sure of my words and brought them out as a question.

"But what about those guys?" Lisa's voice dropped to a whisper as if they were right here, eavesdropping.

"I don't know," I whispered back, mocking her. Again, she took that hint and hit me. I glared at her.

"We've got a bit of love/hate," she told me. Yeah, we definitely did.

"Oh, and Gemma's coming on Wednesday," I continued with my story. "They'll meet at Freedom's Park and I'll watch from a distance."

"Stalker," Lisa said loudly.

I threw my head back against the rest. "Hey, he wanted me to!"

"And of course you do anything he wants you to do. Is he at least any good in bed? I bet he is, I mean, look at him. Those brown half-curls and green eyes, and dear lord, those hands. He has to be a god." Lisa's voice was dreamy and I snipped my fingers in front of her face.