chapter 20

Waking up with the worst fucking headache ever was definitely not the best way to start the day.

But then again, waking up was never a good way to start a day.

I groaned and rolled around, peeking at my alarm clock. 10:37am. That was a normal time for me. I could either try to sleep for another hour or get up and take something for my headache.

Weighting my options, I settled for the second one. There was no way I could sleep with this pounding pain anyway.

I didn't even bother wearing a bra or brushing my teeth. I just stumbled into the kitchen, walked over to the cabinet my mom hid the painkillers in and took them out. I filled a glass with water and downed both the painkiller and the glass water within seconds. Satisfied – yet of course still in pain – I turned around to find my sister staring at me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm living here?" It came out as a question due to my headache.

"I thought you'd sleep over at Lisa's. Or Louis'. Or Harry's. Or wherever," she replied.

"Surprise! I didn't," I exclaimed annoyed.

"Where's the car?"

Shit. "Left it at Lisa's."

"Why?" Why was Phoebe so pesky?

"We drank something and Lisa threw up and I walked home before I'd crash the car into a bridge," I told her after a few seconds, hoping my delay could be led back to my headache.

"Uh-huh," Zoey mustered up, clearly not believing me but deciding to not annoy me any further either. Finally, thank you.

"Adrian here?" I asked.

"Nope, drove home last night. Mom and dad came back really, really late so they're gonna be passed out till noon at least," Phoebe told me with a smug grin.

Good, that bought me enough time to get the car back without any questions being asked.

"We're meeting up at the go-kart track at 5," Phoebe informed me before exiting the kitchen, leaving me to pity myself.

I followed suit, grabbing a banana on my way out.

I showered, applied make-up and got dressed within an hour. Hoping Phoebe was proven right, I stepped out of the bathroom and indeed found an empty kitchen. My parents really were still sleeping which was odd. They were morning people. Ew.

Now down to the funny business, I had to take the bus to Louis'. I let out a deep sigh and mentally cursed Harry. Again.

5 friendly good mornings, 8 pop songs and 10 bus stops later, I finally reached my destination. What a nonsense.

I walked over to my mom's car and remembered I parked in front of Starbucks yesterday. Should I get some coffee for my parents?

My headache lessened and I was in a better mood so yes, I bought coffee for my parents and two vanilla Frappuccino for both Phoebe and me.

I shall not start liking Starbucks though, I swore to myself.

I stopped to refuel on my way back home. The prices were insane and I would definitely never do that again. I really should look into getting a job.

It was around 1pm when I stepped through the doorway and walked into the kitchen, finding two fully dressed and good-humored birth giver in the kitchen. Could my father be considered a birth giver? He didn't give birth, he just helped creating me. Birth creater? No, that didn't sound right.