chapter 25

I was torn between laughing, snorting and smacking him.

I might as well just have done all of the above. Instead I stayed silent. Harry took my silence the right way and added "I mean, just so I know you're safe" after an awkward pause.

"Uhm," I started, unsure of what to do, "okay?"

"Okay," he simply repeated, smiling at me.

A thought shot through my mind like a luminous advertising. "I don't have any clothes with me." I met Harry's gaze. "In fact, I don't have anything here with me. At all. And I need to go to college tomorrow, I can't keep ditching classes."

"Don't worry, you can borrow anything you need from me and I'm going to drive you home tomorrow morning so you can get your things for college," he told me, still smiling. What was it with him and always smiling?

"That won't be awkward at all," I mumbled to myself. I texted Phoebe that I would stay with Lisa but if she saw Harry driving me home, she knew I lied to her. Harry was Adrian's friend. Awkward.

I just had to hope that Adrian wouldn't stay the night.

"Stop overthinking," Harry advised. I hadn't noticed him watching me with a frown on his face. He grabbed our cups and walked off towards the kitchen.

I watched the way his back muscles clenched with every step he took. His shirt enwrapped him perfectly and reached down to the back pockets of his jeans.

I quickly averted my eyes, realizing I was checking him out. But to my defense, his body practically begged to be looked at.

His clothes. I was talking about his clothes. And the way they encased him.

"Do you want to eat anything?" I blinked to clear my mind and focused on the voice that spoke to me.

"No, thank you," I politely replied. That didn't sound like me at all.

I didn't know what to do. I felt pretty uncomfortable in Harry's apartment. We weren't friends, I at least didn't really consider him as one. My normal visits to a boy's apartment was when I visited a friend and they usually still lived with their parents. Except Louis, of course.

Louis!

I literally felt so bad for what I was doing to him. He was a nice guy and I really liked him. To say he was easy on the eyes was an understatement. He was definitely beautiful and his personality was overwhelming. This should be enough to indicate a flame in my heart. I just didn't feel it. Life wasn't like this, you couldn't say that you wanted to fall for a certain person. That wasn't how the universe worked. The gods above had the power to separate people who belonged together, either by distance or feelings. Feelings that were missing now.

Seriously, what was this shit? I wanted to fall for Louis because he would be the kind of guy that would be faithful and both your lover and brother. He could make me happy. It was just that my heart was telling me otherwise. We couldn't be more than friends with benefits even if we tried and we both deserved better.

I had to end it, I knew I really had to. That much about promising him to try. I was an idiot.

I sighed. My eyes were glassy and my sight was blurred thanks to my mind being up in space.

A thud next to me made me jump up from my seat on the couch. "Jesus, relax, Zoey," Harry laughed.

My eyes fell to the pile of clothes that has been placed next to my previous seat. I assumed they were for me and thanked him. It has been a long time since I've worn a boy's clothes. I've worn Zayn's clothes a lot when we still were a couple, in our happy times.