chapter 16

Time will heal.

I really hoped that would be true.

It has been 24 hours since I cut my finger and it still hurt like hell. That was why I hated turning pages in school books.

"Just put a band-aid on it," Lisa told me.

"But it's not bleeding," I remarked.

"Yeah, well, but... I don't even know."
I rolled my eyes. What a great help.

"I think I have some in my purse. With Bob the Builder on it," Lisa said, winking and laughing.

"Oh God, Lisa, you know that-"

"Ms. Miller, Ms. Clark. Is my class bugging you?" Mr. Sanderson's voice interrupted me.

"No but did you know that you are more likely to learn more in 4 hours via Google than a whole month in school?" I started to laugh but Mr. Sanderson's glare made me transform my laughter into a coughing fit.

This was typically Lisa. She would always use some random facts whenever Mr. Sanderson would call on us talking. He would usually ignore us and carry on with his lesson but I was astonished when he replied. "That's not true."

"Yes, it is," Lisa fired back.

"Ms. Miller, do you know how much you learn in a whole month at school?" I hoped he didn't expect an answer to that. But Lisa gave him one nevertheless.

"Yes." Dramatic pause. "Nothing."

This time, I couldn't contain my laughter. I gave Lisa a high five and Mr. Sanderson a 'don't mess with us' look.

"Out! Both of you!" Mr. Sanderson's voice echoed through the room.

"Hell yeah, now we have more time at the mall!" I yelled while exiting the class room.

I was out of the door before anyone could comment. Lisa followed close by and linked our arms.

"We can't go to the mall. We still have classes later on," Lisa reminded me.

"I know. Well, basically we can go to the mall. I mean, either we come back later or we just ditch the rest of the day," I told her, grinning.

The sparkle in her eyes told me exactly what she wanted to do.

We stepped outside and walked to her car. It was a nice Friday. I liked Fridays because that meant that the weekend was close by. It was probably stupid to ditch the rest of the day on a Friday but whatever. It wasn't like Lisa and I really cared.

"First of all, we're gonna get a massage. Full body, of course," Lisa suggested.

"Definitely," I agreed.

45 minutes later, we left the massage saloon and sighed in happiness. That was urgently needed.

"What's next?" Lisa asked me.

To be honest, I had no idea. This mall was huge and had everything that your heart desired. So basically it was crowded with girls and young women and sometimes even some boyfriends or husbands who were forced to tag along. Every now and then you would find some boys shopping on their own. After all, this mall really did have every shop, even some for the annoying gender.

"Manicure!"

"Deal," Lisa agreed and tugged me away.

Spending money on a quiet morning was exactly what I needed to do. The result would be breath-taking. More or less. I wasn't over-the-top hot but according to boys, I was easy on the eyes.
I wasn't that naïve. They probably just liked my tits.