chapter 11

After Louis left, I watched two more episodes of Desperate Housewives before I could finally drag myself out of bed. I dreaded to leave it.

My aim was to start writing my essay but the vibration of my phone on my bed distracted me.

1 new message

From Theresa: Bowling alley tonight?

I frowned. That meant I had to leave the house.

To Theresa: Okaaay... Who's coming along?

1 new message

From Theresa: Lisa and Meredith. Ask Phoebe to join us.

To Theresa: Adrian's here. Can't promise he won't come along.

1 new message

From Theresa: That's alright, he's nice. Gonna text you the details later on.

I threw my phone back on my bed and made my way over to my laptop. I didn't mind writing and reading that much, I just hated that college told me when to do it. I liked to be independent.

The essay was due in two weeks. The early bird catches the worm. Or whatever it was people said to motivate themselves.

I actually spent two hours writing my essay, getting the hardest part of the work done. Proud of myself, I leaned back in my chair and smiled at my laptop. I would finish the rest next weekend.

My stomach growled and I decided to make a sandwich. My room was on the first floor far in the back of the hall, the only room down here. Phoebe's room was on the second floor, her own bathroom next to my parents' bathroom and my parents' room following next. I had an easier time and definitely shorter way to get into the kitchen.

The kitchen was my favorite place of the house. Because it held all the food, obviously. I carried everything I needed to the kitchen table and started making my sandwich. The knife swiftly cut the tomato and my hands prepared the sandwich within seconds. It was not that hard to do. Basically no work at all and it tasted delicious. A simple sandwich could make anyone happy. Chocolate was simple too and chocolate could make people happy as well. Food made people happy. It definitely worked for me.

Phoebe's giggle ruined the peaceful atmosphere in which I enjoyed my food. I sighed and rose from my seat at the table. My footsteps weren't audible as I walked across the cold floor, making my way over to where Phoebe's voice could be heard.

"Hi Zoey," Adrian greeted me when I entered the living room.

I nodded in acknowledgement. The tv was on and some commercial for dry hair was playing.

"Theresa texted me. We're going bowling tonight. Wanna come along?" I asked Phoebe, my eyes solely on her.

"Sure. Adrian?" she asked, turning around to face him.

"Definitely. Gonna kick your ass," he answered with a smirk.

"Great, I'll tell you when and where," I said before quickly leaving the room. You could never know when they would start making out.

I went back into the kitchen and opened the cupboard, intending to grab a chocolate bar. I silently cursed everyone in this house when I noticed that there were none left.

My craving for a chocolate bar was as strong as a woman's wish during her pregnancy so I had no other choice but to go to the supermarket.

I cursed again, remembering my parents took my mom's car, which means I had to walk to the supermarket. It was only about 5 minutes but still.