chapter 5

A shrilling beeping noise woke me up.

I groaned. I just didn't want to get up yet.

"Turn it off," I mumbled, suppressing a yawn. Due to my fatigue, it took me a few seconds to realize that it wasn't my alarm clock waking me up. I woke up to Madonna's 'Hung Up'.

I opened my eyes and recognized Louis' room. He put his pillow over his head, not caring about the noise. Stifling a laugh, I poked his cheek.
"Wake up, sleeping beauty," I half shouted, reaching over him to turn his annoying alarm clock off. A quick peek told me it was 7:00am. I sat up straight. "Shit," I cursed under my breath. I was running late. Again.

I poked Louis again, harder this time. He surely had to go to work, too. He opened one eye to look at me. "I have a second alarm set, don't worry about me," he told me before he went back to sleep. Whatever.

I wasted no more time and picked my clothes up off the floor. I hastily dressed myself, grabbed my purse and ran out of Louis' apartment. I tripped over my feet but regained my balance just in time before I was about to have a face-to-face with the asphalt.

I ran around the corner and just came in time to see my bus leave. Great. Just fucking great. I would never make it to college in time.

What was I supposed to do now?

Different options ran through my mind but nothing was good enough. Sighing, I gave up and slowly made my way home. Obviously I had to walk. The next bus would be there in about an hour and by that time I could already be home. It would take me quite some time though.

Five minutes later, my thoughts played ping-pong. Shoes, college, Louis, mom's birthday, shopping and more mixed and I couldn't focus on one thing.

I didn't pay attention to my surroundings and ran straight into something hard.

Or rather, some building-like man. Avoiding eye contact, I quickly apologized before stepping aside.

"Zoey?" a husky voice asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Telling myself I imagined it, I shook my head and walked off.

A hot hand grabbed my wrist and hold me back.

I jerked my hand away and looked up into a pair of piercing green eyes.

A cheeky grin spread across his face. "Hi Harry," I casually greeted him.

"Where are you going?" he asked, jolting his head from one side to another.

"Home. I have class in about an hour," I told him carefully.

"Need a ride?" he asked. His gaze was curious and his offer seemed innocent. So I accepted.

He walked off to a black Range Rover and I tried to stifle my laugh. Of course. It wasn't necessary to say that this car suited him.

Surprisingly, he opened the door for me to get in. I smiled thankfully at him. He just nodded.

"So... where are we going?" Harry asked, eyes focused on the street.

I shifted in my seat to face him. He wore black skinny jeans, brown boots that looked slightly worn out and a white t-shirt that fitted tight around his chest. When he moved his arms, you could see his muscles ever so slightly. His brown curls were messy and pushed back. His soft pink lips moved up into a half-grin and I realized I hadn't answered his question but kept staring at him.

Quickly, I blinked my eyes and pretended that nothing has happened. "Cherry Street," I replied.

We stopped at a red light and Harry told me about the first time he met my sister. "I ran into Adrian on the street and Phoebe was with him. They came over to say hello but she tripped and would have fallen if it wasn't for Adrian catching her. I still tease her about it and she absolutely hates it," Harry chuckled.